Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I wrote an application for the iPhone

Post imported post

It allows you to search the VirginiaABC Database to look for restaurants that have ABC Restaurant Licenses! I may release it to the Apple AppStore, if anyone would be interested!

Icon

Landing Screen to search

Entering your criteria

Everything you are looking for

Searching ABC...

Found hsmith's favorite restaurant

When you search and get multiple restaurants (Bunch of Chipotle's in Arlington)

Post imported post

That's pretty cool! Now...to get one of those Iphone things...

Post imported post

That's pretty slick! Is that dynamically linked to the ABC database? If not - how often is the database refreshed?

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    That's pretty cool! Now...to get one of those Iphone things...
    I love mine, so many great applications for it - and if you are inclined you can author your own!

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    That's pretty slick! Is that dynamically linked to the ABC database? If not - how often is the database refreshed?

It generates a query that goes against the ABC Search form and parses the results (which is a disaster, that page is just horribly written)

If I throw it up on the app store and people use it, I want to add a middle man query to my server, so I could grab information from it about the establishment. Like if the place is OC/Gun Friendly - The more knowledge we have about who to give us money to, the better.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Would be very useful tool. I presume avail. to PC as well.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

MMMM question here what states does it cover. I love my Iphone ROFL
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

Niiiiiiiice!

Post imported post

RogueAussie wrote:
    MMMM question here what states does it cover. I love my Iphone ROFL
    I had this in the VA Forum, I don't know why it was moved here

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Would be very useful tool. I presume avail. to PC as well.

Yata hey
    I want to write something that is extensible so anyone could "attach" to a webserver and query it - so if someone wanted to write a Blackberry application for instance, they would be able to. (And a desktop app)

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    RogueAussie wrote:
    MMMM question here what states does it cover. I love my Iphone ROF
    I had this in the VA Forum, I don't know why it was moved here
    It is still in the Va. forum.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Awesome! I've got an iPhone, but that's an app that I won't be neeeding for a couple years until I am old enough to get my CHP.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Niiiiiiiice!
    I had a hunch you'd like it :^).

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Awesome! I've got an iPhone, but that's an app that I won't be neeeding for a couple years until I am old enough to get my CHP.
    Well not quite right - you do go out to eat some, right. With or without a CHP you can (in fact must) OC if you are to carry. So such a list would be very beneficial to you too.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Well not quite right - you do go out to eat some, right.* With or without a CHP you can (in fact must) OC if you are to carry.* So such a list would be very beneficial to you too.

******* Yata hey
    I'm not 21, so I have to OC. So why would it matter if they had an ABC license? I'm going to be OC'ing regardless.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Well not quite right - you do go out to eat some, right. With or without a CHP you can (in fact must) OC if you are to carry. So such a list would be very beneficial to you too.

Yata hey
    I'm not 21, so I have to OC. So why would it matter if they had an ABC license? I'm going to be OC'ing regardless.
    Because it would be nice when going to a new place to know if you knew they were "friendly" or not before getting there and being asked to leave.

Jus' my thoughts.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:

Yata hey
    Because it would be nice when going to a new place to know if you knew they were "friendly" or not before getting there and being asked to leave.

Jus' my thoughts.

Yata hey
    I might toss a button on the screen to have "Are they gun friendly" and start gathering data.

I'll probably publish it in a week or so, I'll let everyone know

There have to be a few dork's that carry

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Well not quite right - you do go out to eat some, right.* With or without a CHP you can (in fact must) OC if you are to carry.* So such a list would be very beneficial to you too.

******* Yata hey

Jus' my thoughts.

******** Yata hey
    So if a restaurant has an ABC license then they are gun-friendly? Sorry, I'm just really confused. :?

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    So if a restaurant has an ABC license then they are gun-friendly? Sorry, I'm just really confused. :?
    No - if they have one you must OC or leave your gun in the car/home - they could be friendly or unfriendly.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    No - if they have one you must OC or leave your gun in the car/home - they could be friendly or unfriendly.
    Yes, I know that. I just didn't understand the message that Grapeshot was trying to get across. He send the app would help me find out if restaurants were gun friendly (which it will be able to do if you add that feature that you just mentioned in your last post).

Post imported post

Please send me a copy! I can beta test! I've got a 3.0 key, so I can check it for compliance past the first of June

Post imported post

please send me info on how to access on a PC thanks:celebrate

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Yes, I know that. I just didn't understand the message that Grapeshot was trying to get across. He send the app would help me find out if restaurants were gun friendly (which it will be able to do if you add that feature that you just mentioned in your last post).
    Was first mentioned Mon Apr 13th, 2009 09:23 am - 16 posts up from your last posting.

Yata hey

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch. I would get the app, just make sure it would work iPod Touch.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    There have to be a few dork's that carry
    nakedshoplifter is the biggest iPhone dork I know. The guy loves to flash it around at Starbucks. I think he has a Steve Jobs poster at home.

I don't have an iPhone, but if I ever get one this looks like a cool application (The proper word for a software program, as used by us IBM/PC types who actually use computers for productive work vice trendy slacking:celebrate).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast