• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, I wrote an application for the iPhone

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
hsmith wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
So if a restaurant has an ABC license then they are gun-friendly? Sorry, I'm just really confused. :?
No - if they have one you must OC or leave your gun in the car/home - they could be friendly or unfriendly.
Yes, I know that. I just didn't understand the message that Grapeshot was trying to get across. He send the app would help me find out if restaurants were gun friendly (which it will be able to do if you add that feature that you just mentioned in your last post). :)
Was first mentioned Mon Apr 13th, 2009 09:23 am - 16 posts up from your last posting.:)

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

hsmith wrote:
There have to be a few dork's that carry :D

nakedshoplifter is the biggest iPhone dork I know. The guy loves to flash it around at Starbucks. I think he has a Steve Jobs poster at home.:cool:

I don't have an iPhone, but if I ever get one this looks like a cool application (The proper word for a software program, as used by us IBM/PC types who actually use computers for productive work vice trendy slacking:celebrate).

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
hsmith wrote:
There have to be a few dork's that carry :D

nakedshoplifter is the biggest iPhone dork I know. The guy loves to flash it around at Starbucks. I think he has a Steve Jobs poster at home.:cool:
:lol::lol:

hsmith

imported post

I am writing a server end for my website, so i can store ratings.

The iPhone App will query my server, which will check the database on my server to see if the establishment already exists. If the Establishment doesn't exist or hasn't been checked in a month (Just checking for stale data), it will query the VABC website.

I store data and ratings for the establishments, the goal is being to start to rate gun friendly establishments - I want to expand this to include every store (possibly nation wide?)

So we can start giving money tp places that deserve it :D

I added a rating tool to the iPhone Application

zv7pfo.png

29w70b8.png

noa985.png

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Very nice!

Now, would you like to expand it to also query the friendorfoe.thesecond.us database to show all businesses that have been rated there? We could kill two birds with one stone and I'll not have to learn how to write an app for the iPhone. :)

I already have the mechanism set up to display results via distance, etc, so I'm hoping you could use the built in GPS to send coordinates with the query and return businesses/restaraunts within [X] miles. I do need to add a field to the database for business type for this to be more useful, but that was on the TODO list anyway.

If not I'll get around to it eventually, but it would be nice to combine efforts since the two are so closely aligned already.