• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in VA

nova

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
: snip
mag w/ capacity under 20rds in the gun while carrying

as long as it doesn't have a threaded barrel or other suppressor attachment point, folding stock, or shotgun w/ more than 7 shot capacity.
The statue states a capacity exceeding 20 in the magazine.

The statue says nothing about threaded barrel, it states designed by manufacturer to except a silencer (which is incorrect they are suppressors).

The statue on the 7 shot capacity limit on shotguns clearly states with the longest ammo designed to be chambered.
thanks for specifying the specifics :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
Agent19 wrote:

as long as it doesn't have a threaded barrel or other suppressor attachment point, folding stock, or shotgun w/ more than 7 shot capacity.

The statue says nothing about threaded barrel, it states designed by manufacturer to except a silencer (which is incorrect they are suppressors).

The statue on the 7 shot capacity limit on shotguns clearly states with the longest ammo designed to be chambered.

I'm still waiting to see the "statue" that says all this. Is she like Lady Justice, holding a scale and a sword? Or is she like Venus de Milo, missing some parts, like, say, a "T"? :)

nova

imported post

Citizen wrote:
nova wrote:
Agent19 wrote:

I'm still waiting to see the "statue" that says all this. Is she like Lady Justice, holding a scale and a sword? Or is she like Venus de Milo, missing some parts, like, say, a "T"? :)
statute (Oh I just saw the "statue" part now :D )

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.4

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

There are a lot of members on this website who nitpick one heck of a lot about every little thing that someone advances.

And thank God they do because this is how we spread information for all to consume. So keep on nitpicking.. it serves us all.

Marco

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote: snip
There are a lot of members on this website who nitpick one heck of a lot
My excuse,I don't work for a living.
The others don't have a social life.:lol:

Marco

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
You know it was meant as a positive comment... right?

Hey. How do you like my new avatar? 'Bout time, eh?
:celebrate
:celebrate

[line]
Virginia does not require firearm registration nor is it necessary to obtain a permit before carrying a firearm or other such weapon openly about the person except where prohibited by statute. Pursuant to §18.2-308 of the Code of Virginia, resident concealed handgun permits are issued by the circuit court of the jurisdiction in which the applicant resides, and nonresident concealed handgun permits are issued by the Virginia State Police.