• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson gun shops

Lew

imported post

Life has brought me to Tucson for a while. I'm in the market for a handgun. Any recommendations on gun shops? East side preferable.

I hate big cities and I hate shopping, don't have time for it either, so I was hoping to just find out where a good place is and go there without wasting my time.

Of course, if anyone's trying to get rid of any pistols, they could mention them (grown-up calibers only ;))

Thanks

GWbiker

imported post

I would suggest: Murphy's Gun store, on Country Club at Lt. Lowell (just behind circle K gas station) a good selection of new & used handguns and long guns. Sales attitude can vary with time of day!!:cuss: Prices are.........um..OK, I guess.

Diamondback Guns, on Kolb at Broadway. Decent selection of new guns, fair amount of used handguns. Good sales attitudes. **ALL SALES ARE FINAL** which means, say you buy a used P220 with a cracked magazine, well let's just say -- you bought it.

Keep in mind that it's a sellers market, so prices can be high.

Also try the Internet used gun sites classified section..... Firing Line? Glocktalk and Sig forums for Arizona individuals wishing to sell firearms.

Good hunting.

Dahwg

imported post

There's also Second Amendment Sports on Pima and Rosemont (Just west of Craycroft) on the south side of the street. Good selection and good pistolsmiths if you need repairs.

Garbato's is a GREAT guy, has a nice selection of CZ's and XD's as well as some high end custom stuff. Lots of used stuff to look at too. He is top notch and you can't beat his prices. First Avenue one block north of Grant on the East side of the street.

PavePusher

imported post

Also Marksman Pistol Institute, 5051 E. 29th St and 1280 W Prince Rd. Both have a good handgun selection and excellent indoor ranges, offer a lot of very good training classes.

Welcome to Arizona!

PavePusher

imported post

Huh, girlfriend just reported a new-looking shop at 22nd and Pantano called "Gunsite Pass" or something to that effect. Doesn't ring a bell with me, I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Lew

imported post

Well, if anyone wants to know, I bought an RIA 1911 tactical. Pretty nice and in my price range. I'll probably change the thumb safety at some point and maybe try some new grips, but it's what I've been wanting.

longtalltechsan

imported post

Where did you find this if I may ask? There is also Tucson Guns located on East Broadway east of Pantano on the south side of the street.

Lew

imported post

longtalltechsan wrote:
Where did you find this if I may ask? There is also Tucson Guns located on East Broadway east of Pantano on the south side of the street.
I ended up getting it at Marksman on 29th. I checked around at a few of the other stores, but they had what I finally figured out I really wanted: NIB, affordable 1911 (as a bonus, I found out the guy I bought it from carries the exact same one, and considering his age, I feel even better about it. Trust your elders!) The guys who work there are very friendly and helpful. I also got a month of free range time. Downside is they don't have much of a selection of pistols for sale. They just happened to have what I wanted!

Thanks for telling me about Tucson Guns. I'll be checking them out.

**Now...I need a new belt and a 1911 holster so I can OC this bad boy. Suggestions?**

P.S. Put about 100 rounds through her today. Worked flawlessly except twice it failed to feed the last round. I'm thinking the problem is just with the magazine, though. When I find some I'm going to pick up some Wilson's.

Lew

imported post

I'll just keep my rambling confined to my own thread so...

Thought I saw some unicorns in Jerry Bob's today. Five middle-aged men and women having a late breakfast. Luckily I didn't say anything. When they stood up to leave they all had badges on their belts. Doh!

GWbiker

imported post

Lew, look for Uncle Mikes Sidekick paddle #16. Has an adjustable retention strap.
Holster also fits a Star Firestar M-43 by simply adjusting the strap......:cool:

If you prefer to spend more $$$$$$, Aker black padle (Bodyguard) for Colt 1911.
H136BPRU-CO1911. It's made of STIFF leather. ($61.50) You'll probably have to order it from Diamondback Guns.

The RIA 1911 is a hell of a bargain.

Lew

imported post

Okay, thanks. Mmm...I like the look of that aker. It'd be nice to try some on before ordering though. Especially for those companies that get so back-ordered! Guess I'll have to cruise the shops and see what's around.