• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hunting at night with CHL?

RallySoob

imported post

166.663 Casting artificial light from vehicle while possessing certain weapons prohibited. (1) No person shall cast from a motor vehicle an artificial light while there is in the possession or in the immediate physical presence of the person a bow and arrow or a rifle, gun, revolver or other firearm.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to a person casting an artificial light:
(a) From the headlights of a motor vehicle that is being operated on a road in the usual manner.
(b) When the bow and arrow, rifle, gun, revolver or other firearm that the person has in the possession or immediate physical presence of the person is disassembled or stored, or in the trunk or storage compartment of the motor vehicle.
(c) When the ammunition or arrows are stored separate from the weapon.
(d) On land owned or lawfully occupied by that person.
(e) On publicly owned land when that person has an agreement with the public body to use that property.
(f) When the person is a peace officer or government employee engaged in the performance of official duties.
(g) When the person has been issued a license under ORS 166.290 to carry a concealed weapon.
(3) Violation of subsection (1) of this section is punishable as a violation. [1989 c.848 s.2]
166.710 [1957 c.601 s.1; repealed by 1971 c.743 s.432]

Is this saying that you could legaly use a spot light at night to hunt if you have a CHL?

adamsesq

imported post

NOT AT ALL. All it is saying is that you are allowed to shine a light from your vehicle and have a weapon in your possession IF you have a CHL. It doesn't say you can use that weapon in an otherwise illegal activity. Without a CHL merely shining a light out of your vehicle with a weapon on the seat next to you is a crime.

-adamsesq

imported post

if you're hunting on public land and have a license don't have you an agreement to use that property

Jenshubby

imported post

MousePrifeII wrote:
Jenshubby wrote:
If you have a hunting lisence you agree to hunt by all legal ethics and curteousies.
does it say that in the fine print lmao
Read and see. Unless you are an anti-hunting/anti-gun troll, you wouldn't argue. The fact is that we who hunt do so in the best knowledge of the rules, laws, and regulations so that we may continue to do so in the future.

imported post

Jenshubby wrote:
MousePrifeII wrote:
Jenshubby wrote:
If you have a hunting lisence you agree to hunt by all legal ethics and curteousies.
does it say that in the fine print lmao
Read and see. Unless you are an anti-hunting/anti-gun troll, you wouldn't argue. The fact is that we who hunt do so in the best knowledge of the rules, laws, and regulations so that we may continue to do so in the future.
i don't agree with the rules, laws, and regulations and i will hunt if i want to whether or not my masters say i can or not

imported post

Jenshubby wrote:
You may not agree with them, but they are still the laws. Hunt outside the law and earn one of two titles (or both): poacher or convict.
only if you get caught.

i prefer another title, patriot

imported post

Jenshubby wrote:
I think instead that you've earned the title of: troll. End of subject.
you must work for the forestry service or wildlife LMAO.

you are the troll. i think its retarded you believe the state of oregon should own all animals simply because they are physically there.

the state owns you too

Dusty

imported post

There is only one group that can legally hunt from a vehicle at night using spot lights, Native Americans.

Thats because their history as hunter-gathers dates back thousands of year. Hummm I wonder what their fore fathers would think of the current hunting skills ?

The rest of us should obey the law to the best of our ability. There is no need to poach in this society.