Thread: Moscow Tea Party

Post imported post

the topic lone tells it all. It will take place at Noon on Wednesday in Friendship Square.

Is anyone from here going?

Post imported post

I'll be at the one in Boise with one of my buddies OCing

Post imported post

I've got class, but I might skip out and join you guys.

Post imported post

I am going and planned on OC'ing, but they ask that "other agendas" be left out of it. But since you guys are going and OC'ing, I will as well. I have been looking to meet you all and so maybe that can happen then too.

Since it would seem that you are all college age students, I will be easy to spot. I will be the fat older guy with a goatee and long hair and the Ruger P89 on his right side. See you there.

Dave

Post imported post

I have to be in class at 1230 (attendance based) but will be there for the first 20 minutes with my 1911.

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    I have to be in class at 1230 (attendance based) but will be there for the first 20 minutes with my 1911.
    I will look for you. See you there.

Dave

Post imported post

I was at there. Here is the write up I had for another forum

I went to one in Moscow, Idaho and it basically became a Republican rally and promotion for the 9-12 project. There was a lot of rhetoric, not the non-partisan event it was promoted as. I was kinda disappointed in ours. I went with my roommate and OCd, my 1911. That was a good conversation starter. esp/ wearing my University of Idaho hat. I guess I became a gun rights advocate at the Party.

Moscow PD had 2 plain clothes cops who weren't hiding the fact they were cops at all, you could even see one's SERPA holster sticking out of his jacket and the cuffs in the jacket pocket of the other. Oddly enough, I became the center of their attention. I think they were jealous of my Kimber and awesome looks.

In the end I like the OCDO protests, a bunch of people getting together to go eat, hang out in the park and just have a good time. Not a bunch of folks spewing political rhetoric and marching around.

Post imported post

I was a little late, got there after the speeches began, and with the crowd I couldn't even begin to look for any of you fellow OC'ers.

As for your assessment, I see what you mean, but I think that the "rhetoric" was what was expected...speeches against the way the federal government intrudes and makes up reasons to take our money. But since I was not there at the very beginning, I admit that maybe I missed something.

Dave

Post imported post

I was about 10 minutes late. They did lose a lot of people when the organizers decided to walk over to the Federal Building a do a little biblical Jericho walk and see if the walls would fall down.

Post imported post

Moscow/Pullman is having another TEA Party this Saturday June 27 in Pullman.