• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow Tea Party

thefirststrike

imported post

I am going and planned on OC'ing, but they ask that "other agendas" be left out of it. But since you guys are going and OC'ing, I will as well. I have been looking to meet you all and so maybe that can happen then too.

Since it would seem that you are all college age students, I will be easy to spot. I will be the fat older guy with a goatee and long hair and the Ruger P89 on his right side. See you there. :):D

Dave

Vandal

imported post

I was at there. Here is the write up I had for another forum

I went to one in Moscow, Idaho and it basically became a Republican rally and promotion for the 9-12 project. There was a lot of rhetoric, not the non-partisan event it was promoted as. I was kinda disappointed in ours. I went with my roommate and OCd, my 1911. That was a good conversation starter. esp/ wearing my University of Idaho hat. I guess I became a gun rights advocate at the Party.

Moscow PD had 2 plain clothes cops who weren't hiding the fact they were cops at all, you could even see one's SERPA holster sticking out of his jacket and the cuffs in the jacket pocket of the other. Oddly enough, I became the center of their attention. I think they were jealous of my Kimber and awesome looks. :D

In the end I like the OCDO protests, a bunch of people getting together to go eat, hang out in the park and just have a good time. Not a bunch of folks spewing political rhetoric and marching around.

thefirststrike

imported post

I was a little late, got there after the speeches began, and with the crowd I couldn't even begin to look for any of you fellow OC'ers.

As for your assessment, I see what you mean, but I think that the "rhetoric" was what was expected...speeches against the way the federal government intrudes and makes up reasons to take our money. But since I was not there at the very beginning, I admit that maybe I missed something.

Dave

Vandal

imported post

I was about 10 minutes late. They did lose a lot of people when the organizers decided to walk over to the Federal Building a do a little biblical Jericho walk and see if the walls would fall down.