• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland Open Carry Walk May 30th See Details!

imported post

In response to the False Arrest of Greg Llewellyn, and the less than favorable outcome in his case, an open carry walk/protest/sign wave has been organized for Saturday May 30th @ 11:00 am across the street from the Justice Center in Cleveland. We will meet in the West Coast District - West 3rd Street Parking Lot (North of Alfred Lerner Way - Just West of Brown's Stadium). We will meet together in the Parking Lot and walk to the Justice Center which is at Lakeside and Ontario. For maximum impact It is very important that as many people attend this event as possible.

Directions: Take I-90 to Route 2, Get off at the West3rd stexit, Go North on West 3rd, Pass Alfred Lerner Way and the Parking Lot will be on your left hand side across the street from Brown's Stadium, go down the hill and we will meet at the lower level of the parking lot. All day parking is $1.75.

For additional questions contact Joseph Ponikvar @ (850) 294-3287.

IxionDeece

imported post

I will do my best to attend, I just hope that I can catch a ride with someone there. If anyone that lives within 45 min to an hour of Piqua that I can catch a ride with...let me know please.

IxionDeece

imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
That'll work. Or I can pick you up.
Personally I would rather come to where you are just because lately people have been getting flat tires where I live over the past few days and I dont really wanna leave my car on a public road over hear for more than a couple hours. I will just have you give me directions or something. Thanks again.

spioi

imported post

RebelHell wrote:
I would love to join you guys but it's an awfully long drive for me. Have to see how my old car is holding up by then.
I'll be going thru springfield, kinda, ifn you wanna ride.

JSlack7851

imported post

Hello, I have been in contact with Joe (Freedom Fighter 777) concerning this open carry walk. He is right now in the process of sending out letters to the media, CPD, and CCSO informing them of our intentions of having a open carry walk downtown Cleveland. Joe has the route figured out but has yet to come up with a place to stop and eat. For this reason I have volunteered to ask on multiple web sites for a head count of LAC who will be showing up, march, and eat. Something approximate so he can find a suitable restaurant that will fit all of us.

Ladies and Gentleman, we had about 30 turn out in Urbana, and 70 some in Northwood, lets go for 100 or so for the walk in Cleveland. Things to remember: Weapons holstered all the time, unless defending your life, or someone else's.

(no shooting in the air, yelling Yee Haa, "joke")

Carrying a loaded weapon in not a crime, it is a Right guaranteed by our Second Amendment. Take time out, show up, help send a message to Cleveland, Clyde, Toledo, and Columbus, "We are citizens of the Great State of Ohio, and the United States of America, our rights will not be infringed."

We also need video cameras, for "you tube". I'm sure someone wouldn't mind making a video record for posterity.
Thank you, see you there.
Jeff

Jslack7851@Adelphia.net

ChefW

imported post

I would like to attend and am willing to give anyone a ride from Lorain County. I realize it's not far but it's always nice to meet a friendly face. I only have room for one in my truck so PM me and the first one gets the ride.

matthollycart

imported post

I have acouplequestions about this:

1) Does anyone plan on posting an official invitation of this event on facebook? I created an event on facebook under my name but it appears I can only send to those on my friends list. Would love to see it posted on either the Ohioans for Concealed Carry name or the Open Carry Movement name.

If you have facebook please either add me as a friend, Matthew Cart from Akron, OH or let me know your name so I can add you. Then I could invite you to the event on there and you could pass it along to everyone on your friends list.

2) I read about the different people being notified (the media, and others). Was there a response? Are there any legal ramifications?

imported post

I will be on wtam 1100 tomorrow at 830 PM and 1350 WHK at 800 PM. I have not hear back from the chief of police yet. There will be no legal ramifications unless someone breaks the law.

imported post

I am looking foward to seeing everybody tomorrow. In case you have trouble finding me I will be in a maroon chevy prizm in the lower level (gravel portion) of the parking lot. Try to get there a half hour early in case of traffic or parking problems.