• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 129 Alaska Syle CCW Introduced!

JSK333

imported post

Awesome! My Rep. is already a co-sponsor. There are a good number already!

It also deletes some of the gun-ban zones like colleges, daycares, houses of worship and government buildings.

Let's push for its passage!

IxionDeece

imported post

I am not the best translator on legal to layman's terms but basically all the benefits of the CHL can be used by people that don't have the license? Is my assumption correct on that?

Ohio Patriot

imported post

IxionDeece wrote:
I am not the best translator on legal to layman's terms but basically all the benefits of the CHL can be used by people that don't have the license? Is my assumption correct on that?
Not sure. Check out the ohioccw thread above. They're saying that it's similar to Vermont carry. Though I'm still unclear about training... I read that training is still required, but a license is not?? :question:

Legba

imported post

The way I read it is that anyone who is qualified toget a concealed carry license would be able to carry as if he actually had one. I guess you would still have to take the 12 hours training and get a certificate, but no application with the sheriff would be required. Maybe not - it's not entirely clear about the training requirement.

I doubt this will pass as written in any case. The police will likely complain about the no-duty-to-inform provision.

-ljp

IxionDeece

imported post

I can only agree with you Legba, I am somewhat confident that if they changed a few little things it would have a shot at passing. But until that point I agree.