• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When will the 1000' school rule fall?

pullnshoot25

imported post

I just want to know if anyone is looking at or is currently challenging the federal Gun Free School Zone Act (or whatever it is called) and getting it thrown out so that all this "gotta buy a license" crap will just end.

California is a whole 'nother story since we have 626.9 in addition to the federal law but dammit, I want the federal one to fall in the meantime!

demnogis

imported post

We all have to push major organizations with deep pockets (NRA, GOA, Calguns, etc) to get their lawyers on it.

That means we also have to become members of these organizations. I just signed up for NRA last week. I will be signing up for GOA this week.

The more people in these organizations that make their voices heard and are supporting our cause, the more incentive these large organizations have to work in our best interest as well.