Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Report From Fife

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    I stopped at the Wendy's while on my way to Tacoma. Sitting there eating my #2 meal with a Hi C. After about 10 ten mins of eating this colored gentleman blurts out,

    -Looking at my gun he says, Sir! are you a police officer?! Everyone looks over.

    -I replied to him, "No, I work in counter-terrorism."

    -He gives me a confused look then says,"counter-terrorism? So you work for the Port of Tacoma?."

    -I reply, " No, I do private counter-terrorism, if you feel terrorized i'll come and counter it."

    -At this point he gets a little more irritated that he can't understand the suitation.

    -I asked him. "Why are you asking me this, are you a terrorist?"

    -He then says confused, "So are you in the military? because you look so young (i'm 26)." I say, " No,i'm more of a private merchinary."

    -He then goes. "Oh....oh uhok, (mumbling to himself...private merchinary). He wasstill very confused. "Counter-terrorism" he mumbles, then his female partner comes back, ending the conversation

    So all and all another good day of confusing the heck out of averageAmericans from the south-end.



  2. #2
    Regular Member sempercarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    378

    Post imported post

    merchinary?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    NICE Polski, NICE! I absolutely love it and hope you don't mind if I use it!

    -adamsesq

  4. #4
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886

    Post imported post

    "You a cop?"

    "Nope, I'm an American. Welcome to our country. You really should familiarize yourself with how things work around here. You'd get confused less often. Have a great day!"

  6. #6
    Regular Member sempercarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    378

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......
    +1

    I never tell people I am a Marine....it has nothing to do with it. They ask If I am a cop and I tell them "nope, just a regular guy.....why do you ask?"

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    Colored.

    Wow. That's classy. Way to represent.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    adamsesq wrote:
    NICE Polski, NICE! I absolutely love it and hope you don't mind if I use it!

    -adamsesq
    Use it myfellow Oc'er,use it well.....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    "No, I work in counter-terrorism.
    Why would we want to obfuscate? What legal or moral justification is there? If we are morally and legally right, why not be proud of it and just tell the truth?

  10. #10
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......
    O come on, it was tongue and cheek! If you cant mess with an idiot who puts himself in a totally avoidable situation to be made fun of once in a while, who can you mess with?

    The saying goes, "Ask a silly question, get a silly answer."

    I'm sure most the people in the restaurant were trying to hold back from busting a gut. I know I would have been.

    We have all wanted to do it, admit it and laugh.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    deanf wrote:
    "No, I work in counter-terrorism.
    Why would we want to obfuscate? What legal or moral justification is there? If we are morally and legally right, why not be proud of it and just tell the truth?
    I completely agree with what your saying butmy wayjust more fun.I could of also told him that "Hope and Change" has come and it looks like an H&K P2000.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    So you were just F-ing with the guy?

    It's common knowledge that F-ing with people (particularly if the purpose is to irritate) is ill advised when one is carrying a gun.

    And to refer to him as colored? What does that mean to you exactly?

  13. #13
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......
    O come on, it was tongue and cheek! If you cant mess with an idiot who puts himself in a totally avoidable situation to be made fun of once in a while, who can you mess with?

    The saying goes, "Ask a silly question, get a silly answer."

    I'm sure most the people in the restaurant were trying to hold back from busting a gut. I know I would have been.

    We have all wanted to do it, admit it and laugh.
    When it comes to OC, I try not to lie to people and misinform them; it kind of goes against everything I'm trying to do by OCing. All that guy thinks of now is that there is a guy carrying a gun who is a jerk and works for the government. We already have those people, they're called the police. He did nothing to put OC in a good light and may have even done something to harm the reputation of OCers everywhere. But hey, all so you can get your kicks while screwing everyone else, right? Good job.

  14. #14
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    When it comes to OC, I try not to lie to people and misinform them; it kind of goes against everything I'm trying to do by OCing. All that guy thinks of now is that there is a guy carrying a gun who is a jerk and works for the government. We already have those people, they're called the police. He did nothing to put OC in a good light and may have even done something to harm the reputation of OCers everywhere. But hey, all so you can get your kicks while screwing everyone else, right? Good job.
    You can choose to look at it that way, or realize how many peoples attention he got with a well placed quip to a guy who probably couldn't have been educated in that situation anyway.

    In a crowded (I assume) fast food joint with a bunch of onlookers the OP kept his head with a guy blurting about him carrying a gun openly. He made no big deal about it, made no speeches or spectacles but in a HARMLESS manner put the guy (and probably everyone else around him) at ease by keeping it light hearted.

    This guy is probably the only one that took the OP seriously, and everyone else came away from the experience with a smile and a mental note that a guy with a gun can be just another Joe trying to eat his burger in peace.

    Again, lighten up...if just a little.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    Attention everyone: We have a clairvoyant on the board. He is available for parties and bar mitzvahs.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    deanf wrote:
    So you were just F-ing with the guy?

    It's common knowledge that F-ing with people (particularly if the purpose is to irritate) is ill advised when one is carrying a gun.

    And to refer to him as colored? What does that mean to you exactly?
    Oh, he was very irritated before anything was even said. And the suitation ended with a confused man, just a little more confused.

    Colored means he was black. Being that my mother is Vietnamese and my father beingfrom Poland makes me a person of minority-- so according to Oprah and societyi'm allowed to use words like colored, African American, *****, etc. It's a definiant no-no for a white person to use themof course because they aren't part of the struggle.

  17. #17
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    deanf wrote:
    Attention everyone: We have a clairvoyant on the board. He is available for parties and bar mitzvahs.
    ((shrug))

    I freely admit the setting of the scenario was conjecture on my part, but that's the difference between assuming everyone is dumb and didn't "get the joke", and my assuming that people are overall intelligent, able to sort out the facts of such a silly claim on their own.

    My opinion, nothing more.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    so according to Oprah and societyi'm allowed to use words like colored, African American, *****, etc
    Perception is reality. By using racial slurs on this board (or off), you only perpetuate the myth that all gun owners, and particularly fringe gun owners like OCers, are racists and are to be marginalized.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Machoduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Covington, WA & Keenesburg, CO
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    Oh come on! "Colored" a racial slur? Get off your high horse.

    MD

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,026

    Post imported post

    Machoduck wrote:
    Oh come on! "Colored" a racial slur? Get off your high horse.

    MD
    +1

    Reminds me of the time I caught some flak at work for referring to some individuals as 'Asian'. WTF?

    I'm no back woods hick...I grew up in the era of post-Vietnam war refugees from SE ASIA flooding into the NW, but some times it's hard to tell a Korean, from a Vietnamese, from a Japanese, from a Chinese, from a Laotian, from a Cambodian....especially when you only catch a brief glimpse. 'Asian' is a completely accurate descriptive for regionally distinctive features, just as
    colored' is when you don't know if they are Eritrean, Kenyan, Nigerian, Somalian, or aboriginal Australian.:?

  21. #21
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    deanf wrote:
    so according to Oprah and societyi'm allowed to use words like colored, African American, *****, etc
    Perception is reality. By using racial slurs on this board (or off), you only perpetuate the myth that all gun owners, and particularly fringe gun owners like OCers, are racists and are to be marginalized.
    Is "differently tinted" allowed?

    :quirky

  22. #22
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Seriously...some of you guys need take off the jackboots every once in a while and chill out.

    I couldn't help but laughing as I read the OP. That's funny stuff. And guess what, for those of you who are on your "mission" 24/7 to educate the masses about gun rights and OC and all that is good and pure in the world, bully for you, but don't hate on Polski and FMCDH because they aren't gun missionaries.

    Frankly deanF, you seem a little too high strung and I question whether you should be allowed to have a gun in the first place. Makes the rest of us look like high strung jerks with are ass cheeks so clenched that you couldn't **** a greased bb.

    And compmanio365, passive aggressive is so left coast liberal. You and dean must be absolutely dreadful at parties.

    As for the term colored; I just usually use more descriptive words like black white brown asian latino indian (the american kind) etc. Did I miss the memo that states everyone here is going to get their panties in a bunch by using a non-PC term like colored or black? I'm sorry, i thought this was OCDO not ACLU.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    Phssthpok wrote:
    Machoduck wrote:
    Oh come on! "Colored" a racial slur? Get off your high horse.

    MD
    +1

    Reminds me of the time I caught some flak at work for referring to some individuals as 'Asian'. WTF?

    I'm no back woods hick...I grew up in the era of post-Vietnam war refugees from SE ASIA flooding into the NW, but some times it's hard to tell a Korean, from a Vietnamese, from a Japanese, from a Chinese, from a Laotian, from a Cambodian....especially when you only catch a brief glimpse. 'Asian' is a completely accurate descriptive for regionally distinctive features, just as
    colored' is when you don't know if they are Eritrean, Kenyan, Nigerian, Somalian, or aboriginal Australian.:?

    +1, true story. "Some think allblackslook alike, we call those people, the Police"--(Dave Chappelle/2005)


  24. #24
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Machoduck wrote:
    Oh come on! "Colored" a racial slur? Get off your high horse.

    MD
    +1.

    There's a reason the "C" in NAACP still stands for "Colored"... if it was a racial slur, do you think they'd use it?

    And to keep on-topic, I don't think it's the best way to go about stuff like that, but I don't disagree with what you said/did, due to the fact the gentleman was already agitated. I know that some have said they'd use these kinds of lines because they just don't want to deal with answering a bunch of questions at the time (whether they were just mentally tired at the time or they normally don't want to deal with it).

    But, I think it does also hurt the situation and the OC cause in general, due to the fact that even if the gentleman didn't get it through his skull, what you said to him would be heard by others and they, in turn, would be educated on the law and the truth.

    So, overall, I'm kinda neutral on this post. Not great, not terrible... *shrug*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  25. #25
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Prophet wrote:
    Seriously...some of you guys need take off the jackboots every once in a while and chill out.

    I couldn't help but laughing as I read the OP. That's funny stuff. And guess what, for those of you who are on your "mission" 24/7 to educate the masses about gun rights and OC and all that is good and pure in the world, bully for you, but don't hate on Polski and FMCDH because they aren't gun missionaries.

    Frankly deanF, you seem a little too high strung and I question whether you should be allowed to have a gun in the first place. Makes the rest of us look like high strung jerks with are ass cheeks so clenched that you couldn't @#$% a greased bb.

    And compmanio365, passive aggressive is so left coast liberal. You and dean must be absolutely dreadful at parties.

    As for the term colored; I just usually use more descriptive words like black white brown asian latino indian (the american kind) etc. Did I miss the memo that states everyone here is going to get their panties in a bunch by using a non-PC term like colored or black? I'm sorry, i thought this was OCDO not ACLU.
    I dunno what the deal is with this "colored" debate. I agree this is not the PC club, and this is the last place I'd expect or care for PC bull.

    I love your crap you just pulled out of thin air. Care to explain your unnecessarily antagonistic comments? And how one should justify OCing and being an ******* at the same time? How can you refute that doing so makes not just the OP, but all of us as a whole look bad to the non OCing populace at large?

    I think I speak for many OCers when I say that we wish you'd just keep it covered up if you are going to be an anti-social ***** while OCing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •