• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Report From Fife

PolskiG

imported post

I stopped at the Wendy's while on my way to Tacoma. Sitting there eating my #2 meal with a Hi C. After about 10 ten mins of eating this colored gentleman blurts out,

-Looking at my gun he says, Sir! are you a police officer?! Everyone looks over.

-I replied to him, "No, I work in counter-terrorism."

-He gives me a confused look then says,"counter-terrorism? So you work for the Port of Tacoma?."

-I reply, " No, I do private counter-terrorism, if you feel terrorized i'll come and counter it."

-At this point he gets a little more irritated that he can't understand the suitation.

-I asked him. "Why are you asking me this, are you a terrorist?"

-He then says confused, "So are you in the military? because you look so young (i'm 26)." I say, " No,i'm more of a private merchinary."

-He then goes. "Oh....oh uhok, (mumbling to himself...private merchinary). He wasstill very confused. "Counter-terrorism" he mumbles, then his female partner comes back, ending the conversation

So all and all another good day of confusing the heck out of averageAmericans from the south-end.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

"You a cop?"

"Nope, I'm an American. Welcome to our country. You really should familiarize yourself with how things work around here. You'd get confused less often. Have a great day!"

sempercarry

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

+1

I never tell people I am a Marine....it has nothing to do with it. They ask If I am a cop and I tell them "nope, just a regular guy.....why do you ask?"

FMCDH

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Yeah, cause we want people to think we have to have a certain job in order to be allowed to carry a gun. Good idea......:banghead::banghead::banghead:
O come on, it was tongue and cheek! If you cant mess with an idiot who puts himself in a totally avoidable situation to be made fun of once in a while, who can you mess with?

The saying goes, "Ask a silly question, get a silly answer."

I'm sure most the people in the restaurant were trying to hold back from busting a gut. I know I would have been.

We have all wanted to do it, admit it and laugh. ;)

PolskiG

imported post

deanf wrote:
"No, I work in counter-terrorism.

Why would we want to obfuscate? What legal or moral justification is there? If we are morally and legally right, why not be proud of it and just tell the truth?
I completely agree with what your saying butmy wayjust more fun.I could of also told him that "Hope and Change" has come and it looks like an H&K P2000.

deanf

imported post

So you were just F-ing with the guy?

It's common knowledge that F-ing with people (particularly if the purpose is to irritate) is ill advised when one is carrying a gun.

And to refer to him as colored? What does that mean to you exactly?

compmanio365

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
O come on, it was tongue and cheek! If you cant mess with an idiot who puts himself in a totally avoidable situation to be made fun of once in a while, who can you mess with?

The saying goes, "Ask a silly question, get a silly answer."

I'm sure most the people in the restaurant were trying to hold back from busting a gut. I know I would have been.

We have all wanted to do it, admit it and laugh. ;)
When it comes to OC, I try not to lie to people and misinform them; it kind of goes against everything I'm trying to do by OCing. All that guy thinks of now is that there is a guy carrying a gun who is a jerk and works for the government. We already have those people, they're called the police. He did nothing to put OC in a good light and may have even done something to harm the reputation of OCers everywhere. But hey, all so you can get your kicks while screwing everyone else, right? Good job.

FMCDH

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
When it comes to OC, I try not to lie to people and misinform them; it kind of goes against everything I'm trying to do by OCing. All that guy thinks of now is that there is a guy carrying a gun who is a jerk and works for the government. We already have those people, they're called the police. He did nothing to put OC in a good light and may have even done something to harm the reputation of OCers everywhere. But hey, all so you can get your kicks while screwing everyone else, right? Good job.
You can choose to look at it that way, or realize how many peoples attention he got with a well placed quip to a guy who probably couldn't have been educated in that situation anyway.

In a crowded (I assume) fast food joint with a bunch of onlookers the OP kept his head with a guy blurting about him carrying a gun openly. He made no big deal about it, made no speeches or spectacles but in a HARMLESS manner put the guy (and probably everyone else around him) at ease by keeping it light hearted.

This guy is probably the only one that took the OP seriously, and everyone else came away from the experience with a smile and a mental note that a guy with a gun can be just another Joe trying to eat his burger in peace.

Again, lighten up...if just a little.

PolskiG

imported post

deanf wrote:
So you were just F-ing with the guy?

It's common knowledge that F-ing with people (particularly if the purpose is to irritate) is ill advised when one is carrying a gun.

And to refer to him as colored? What does that mean to you exactly?

Oh, he was very irritated before anything was even said. And the suitation ended with a confused man, just a little more confused.

Colored means he was black. Being that my mother is Vietnamese and my father beingfrom Poland makes me a person of minority-- so according to Oprah and societyi'm allowed to use words like colored, negro, nigga, etc. It's a definiant no-no for a white person to use themof course because they aren't part of the struggle.

FMCDH

imported post

deanf wrote:
Attention everyone: We have a clairvoyant on the board. He is available for parties and bar mitzvahs.
((shrug))

I freely admit the setting of the scenario was conjecture on my part, but that's the difference between assuming everyone is dumb and didn't "get the joke", and my assuming that people are overall intelligent, able to sort out the facts of such a silly claim on their own.

My opinion, nothing more. :)

deanf

imported post

so according to Oprah and societyi'm allowed to use words like colored, negro, nigga, etc

Perception is reality. By using racial slurs on this board (or off), you only perpetuate the myth that all gun owners, and particularly fringe gun owners like OCers, are racists and are to be marginalized.

Phssthpok

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Oh come on! "Colored" a racial slur? Get off your high horse.

MD

+1

Reminds me of the time I caught some flak at work for referring to some individuals as 'Asian'. WTF? :uhoh:

I'm no back woods hick...I grew up in the era of post-Vietnam war refugees from SE ASIA flooding into the NW, but some times it's hard to tell a Korean, from a Vietnamese, from a Japanese, from a Chinese, from a Laotian, from a Cambodian....especially when you only catch a brief glimpse. 'Asian' is a completely accurate descriptive for regionally distinctive features, just as
colored' is when you don't know if they are Eritrean, Kenyan, Nigerian, Somalian, or aboriginal Australian.:?