• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing IN MESA AZ

arizonaheat

imported post

I go everywhere with my wife and two year old daughter now more than ever due to the fact that she is pregnant and with a small child, easy target for those up to no good. Fry's (University / Gilbert) no problems even got to a good conversation with an employee in the produce section about oc and guns. Toys r us ( power /us60) no problems got a good comment about my .357 from two older women behind me at the register. Wal-mart ( stapley / baseline) lots of looks but no problems the security guard was more worried about were i was than some up to no good thugs in front of the store with the classic F- this F-that. Food City ( main / lazona ) no problems. My wife was worried about me oc but now she wants to get a light gun that she handle and carry, Im also looking to get a glock 22 dont get me wrong i love my s&w .357 but it can be a drag in a long day.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I was just curious as I am planning on a G26 this Wednesday for conceal purposes. I am surfing the web to see what others think of Glock models they have shot or own.

arizonaheat

imported post

I am in the same boat don't now what to get for oc and later when i get my ccw for concealed but for me what is selling me on the glocks is the $$ and from the people I know have them the are very reliable, as far as the gun I want to take my time and get the right gun and caliber, the g22 is in the caliber that I'm looking for.What do you carry now?

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I currently have a Sprinfield Armory XDm .40 for Open Carry, awesome accurate handgun. That being said, the Glock 19 I had before was MUCH lighter, which is ideal for OC'n (personal opinion). I guess I prefer the Glock over the XDm at this point. I am leaning toward the 26 only for conceal purposes. Being it is a bit hot out here in the summer I feel this is my best option for IWB.

arizonaheat

imported post

it seems that most people I know say the same thing about glocks and most important about the .40 caliber, for me I want something light to carry for those long days out in the sun.

arizonaheat

imported post

I looked at both online great looking guns I will defiantly check them out please feel free to make suggestions I have two more days before I purchase. Thank you.

impulse

imported post

I would like to comment real quick.

Are you sure the Food City you went to, did not have a sign prohibiting firearms?

I went to a Food City by Baseline and Mill, and they had posted signs.

DMGNUT

imported post

Glock-19 for me. I have several reasons. I'd like to start however, by pointing out that although I would go no smaller than 9mm, I feel stopping an opponent is more a factor of shot placement, than bullet size. Please don't bore me with all the old arguments about stopping power in regards to mass of the bullet. I realize, the bigger the bullet, the better, but there are numerous cases where even .45 hasn't put the target down after 7 good hits. If someone is a "motivated" opponent, a head shot is the only fight stopper. Next is, the 19's light, and easy to carry for extended periods OC or CC. In regards to the 19 vs. the 26, many people decide they would rather have the 19 after they shoot the 26, due to the 26's short grip. Usually the reduced grip size necessitates the finger extensions being put on the mags to help with control (this is often the case for small women, and big guys alike). Because the 19 is small and light, and has low recoil, my wife and 2 sons (17 and 14) can handle it just fine. Also, since we all have the same carry gun, this means we all have the same ammo, mags, holsters, spare parts, etc... talk about really simplifying things... Especially when buying ammo these days. Never have to wonder who's gun your gona stock up for next... they're all the same. Lastly, although the military and LEOs use a variety of different calibers, 9mm isNATO's standard pistolround, and regardless of how bad things may eventually get, the military will always have ammo. Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

arizonaheat

imported post

not at this one. There is a Rancho market down on main where I went before I started oc and the have a huge sign NO WEAPONS You can see this thing from the side walk.

GWbiker

imported post

Crossfire....

Marksman one in Tucson had a few, but they might have sold out. (520)747-8657.
You might have better luck with Marksman two, (520)293-1665.

Do be aware that sales tax in Tucson is 08.1%

Or, you can try the USA distributor in Nevada. If I find another contact, will get back to you.

http://www.armscor.net/

BTW, NIB RIA 1911 sold at Marksman one for $420+tax.

Edit, also try this number...in Nevada.....Ivan - 1-775-537-1444 he should be able to answer your question, or send you over to sales. Ivan works in the RIA warranty/service dept.