• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OOOOOPS!!!

planedr

imported post

Hi all. I have my CHP but just started OCing because its getting warmer and don't need a coat anymore.

Anyhoo I was taking my kid home today and neede to stop for gas, I was going east on I70 atPeoria, I got off and went to the Circle K right off the highway. I was almost done putting gas in and a Denver cop pulls in, He is driving right by me and looks over, sees my gun and stops, gets out and then I relise I'm in Denver!:cuss:

He walks up and says"you know you can't carry that in Denver right?"

I said "I thought I was in Saudi Aurora already" He just chuckles and tells me to get a map with the city limits on it and put in my glove box if I need to get out of the car in Denver.

After that he says "have a nice day" Really nice guy.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Woah did you get lucky! I wouldn't even chance it near Denver county!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I think your Saudi Aurora comment saved you hide! It gave me a good chuckle!

I haven't heard that term since I lived in Littleton. Had to drive throught that pit to get to Buckley AFB.

HungSquirrel

imported post

I'd say it's the latter two.

Out of curiosity, what are the potential consequences of stumbling into Denver while OCing? I ask as my employer could conceivably relocate me to the Denver area office.

planedr

imported post

From what I hear, it can get pretty ugly if you rrun into the wrong cop. Jail, confiscation, fines. I got damn lucky, if I see him again, I'll buy him a doughnut!:dude:

bcbrown2

imported post

...all the more reason to keep it covered up when you come "down the hill."

I agree with the others in that you were lucky to encounter a pro-firearm policeman. While most are more than likely in support of armed law-abiding citizens it's not worth the risk of losing your CHP by crossing the wrong street in Denver. I'm glad your situation turned out as it did.