Thread: First aid for a gun shot wound

Post imported post

Was trolling youtube for video's and i came across a few first aid videos. Thought i would share. I think first aid is important and i keep a few bandades, advil, and other care items in my BoB.

Good video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG3g...eature=channel

Post imported post

Yeager is a tool & does not know what he is talking about, but then again he was fired as a private security contractor in Iraq due to being incompentant.

Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do. Not to mention a 30fr nose hose is far from one size fits all "especially when lubed"

Post imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
    Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do.

The cath is used to relieve tension pneumothorax, it's not used as an airway. You place it between the 2nd & 3rd rib.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Mjolnir wrote:
    Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do.

The cath is used to relieve tension pneumothorax, it's not used as an airway. You place it between the 2nd & 3rd rib.
    I am aware of that, there are a couple places you can dart the chest, but it is used to secure the airway as if you have a pneumothorax and do not dart them they will die. I have had people die on me even after being darted. Just hope you do not have JVD as if you have JVD they will die unless you are extremly close to a level II trauma center. However, it is considered a advanced airway procedure to dart ones chest and one that requires a chest tube upon arrival at the hospital.

It is not a procedure that just anybody can preform.