• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First aid for a gun shot wound

Mjolnir

imported post

Yeager is a tool & does not know what he is talking about, but then again he was fired as a private security contractor in Iraq due to being incompentant.

Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do. Not to mention a 30fr nose hose is far from one size fits all "especially when lubed"

FightingGlock19

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do.
The cath is used to relieve tension pneumothorax, it's not used as an airway. You place it between the 2nd & 3rd rib.

Mjolnir

imported post

catass wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:
Oh and what are you going to do with a 14ga cath, using that is a advanced airway procedure and not something anybody can do.
The cath is used to relieve tension pneumothorax, it's not used as an airway. You place it between the 2nd & 3rd rib.
I am aware of that, there are a couple places you can dart the chest, but it is used to secure the airway as if you have a pneumothorax and do not dart them they will die. I have had people die on me even after being darted. Just hope you do not have JVD as if you have JVD they will die unless you are extremly close to a level II trauma center. However, it is considered a advanced airway procedure to dart ones chest and one that requires a chest tube upon arrival at the hospital.

It is not a procedure that just anybody can preform.