Thread: Moving To Indiana

High Point, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I am moving to Northern Indiana, From North Carolina.

I cant wait to OC(why ccw when you can OC?!?!)

I have done it in a Few places here in NC, but the law is so messed up on OC here its dangerous to do it.

So in Indiana are there any dos or donts of OC i really need to know about that is not the normal law?

Post imported post

Opinions vary widely.

I try to dress casual (as opposed to bummy) while oc'ing. Also conduct myself very professional while oc'ing I would not want somebody thinking I'm just a nicely dressed thug with a gun. I carry myself as friendly with lots of smiles and eye contact, and try to be very approachable. Willing to answer kind and sincere questions. Avoid stress and arguments. My $.02

Post imported post

Get your permit before you OC of course.

And you might as well spend the extra coin on the lifetime LTCH.

Other than that, be nice, be polite and know the "no-go" zones (Schools and gov't buildings/post offices mostly. And Simon managed properties).

High Point, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I knowwwww I LOVE the fact that you can get a life time for like 75$ i believe that is what it was.....We don't have that option in NC

Post imported post

Preble wrote:
    I knowwwww I LOVE the fact that you can get a life time for like 75$ i believe that is what it was.....We don't have that option in NC
    It may vary by area, but it's closer to $130 where I live (~$100 even if you are upgrading a normal 4-year at renewal).

But yeah, it's pretty nice. I'll be upgrading mine when I'm due (Offered lifetime < 6 mos. after I renewed last )

but 75 or 130, it's still totally worth it. (Wish IN would do it like Alaska though...)

Post imported post

It's $125 by state law. $50 for the local law enforcement agency and $75 for the state.