• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving To Indiana

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I am moving to Northern Indiana, From North Carolina.

I cant wait to OC(why ccw when you can OC?!?!)

I have done it in a Few places here in NC, but the law is so messed up on OC here its dangerous to do it.

So in Indiana are there any dos or donts of OC i really need to know about that is not the normal law?

GetA2J

imported post

Opinions vary widely.

I try to dress casual (as opposed to bummy) while oc'ing. Also conduct myself very professional while oc'ing I would not want somebody thinking I'm just a nicely dressed thug with a gun. I carry myself as friendly with lots of smiles and eye contact, and try to be very approachable. Willing to answer kind and sincere questions. Avoid stress and arguments. My $.02

squisher

imported post

Get your permit before you OC of course.

And you might as well spend the extra coin on the lifetime LTCH.

Other than that, be nice, be polite and know the "no-go" zones (Schools and gov't buildings/post offices mostly. And Simon managed properties).

squisher

imported post

Preble wrote:
I knowwwww I LOVE the fact that you can get a life time for like 75$ i believe that is what it was.....We don't have that option in NC
It may vary by area, but it's closer to $130 where I live (~$100 even if you are upgrading a normal 4-year at renewal).

But yeah, it's pretty nice. I'll be upgrading mine when I'm due (Offered lifetime < 6 mos. after I renewed last :()

but 75 or 130, it's still totally worth it. (Wish IN would do it like Alaska though...)