• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pine Bluffs Gun Show

MatieA

imported post

I hope this isn't against the forum rules, and if it is then I will understand if it gets removed but:

Pine Bluffs Sportsman's Club
Gun Show
April 18th 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
April 19th 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Pine Bluffs Community Center
$4 donation for Admission * Under 12 Free
17 and under must be accompanied by Parent or Guardian

Food will be provided indoors by the Future Shooters of America, a Laramie County 4-H Shooting Sports Club. All proceeds from the food sales stay in the 4-H Shooting Sports Club ,and all the food is donated by 4-H Members, and Parents.

edited for typos

SDguy

imported post

MatieA wrote:
I hope this isn't against the forum rules, and if it is then I will understand if it gets removed but:

Gun Show

Food will be provided indoors by the Future Shooters of America, a Laramie County 4-H Shooting Sports Club. All proceeds from the food sales stay in the 4-H Shooting Sports Club ,and all the food is donated by 4-H Members, and Parents.

edited for typos

Under the circumstances I would not participate in anything in the town of Pine Bluffs that would bring a single cent to the town or any business in the town.

Pine Bluffs needs to change its law to conform to the constitution of the State Of Wyoming FIRST!!!

Ranger1

imported post

MatieA wrote:

Gun Show

edited for typos
I knowI won't be attending an event where there is still a law on the books that prohibits open carry,I agree with SD Guy not a cent will go into a town whom refuses to remove open carry restrictions.

MatieA

imported post

SDguy wrote:
MatieA wrote:

Gun Show

edited for typos

Under the circumstances I would not participate in anything in the town of Pine Bluffs that would bring a single cent to the town or any business in the town.

Pine Bluffs needs to change its law to conform to the constitution of the State Of Wyoming FIRST!!!

How much money do you spend in Cheyenne?

Cheyenne's firearms ordinance reads EXACTLY like the one in Pine Bluffs.

I don't see anyone calling for a boycott on Cheyenne!

9.24.040 Carrying concealed weapons--Carrying weapons openly with intent to inflict injury.

No person shall wear or carry concealed any knife the blade of which exceeds four inches in length, any dirk, dagger, sword-in-cane, slingshot, revolver, pistol or any other dangerous or deadly weapon. No person shall openly wear or carry any such weapon or any combustible or explosive material with the intent or avowed purpose for injuring any person.

(2001 In-house code § 30-54)

http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=16266&sid=50

SDguy

imported post

Can't do anything about something you were not aware of. I appreciate the information regarding the law in Cheyenne.

I will be contacting the city of Cheyenne and seeing what can be done about that. Meanwhile, I will not be giving Cheyenne any business either.

Ranger1

imported post

Well you won't see anyone call for a boycott on Cheyenne, none of the law enforcement in Cheyenne have threatened to impose a $750 fine or throw anyone in jail for OC.

Mjolnir

imported post

Stop trying to pop smoke and hide, all you are doing is looking more and more silly & more like somebody who is trying to weazle out from under the political pressure being applied to you by members of your small town.

What did you expect in pine bluf, home of the good old boys who scratch each others backs.

MatieA

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Stop trying to pop smoke and hide, all you are doing is looking more and more silly & more like somebody who is trying to weazle out from under the political pressure being applied to you by members of your small town.

What did you expect in pine bluf, home of the good old boys who scratch each others backs.
Come to Pine and show me this political pressure that is being applied to me.
I will be working with the 4-H kid's at the Gun Show tomorrow. Find me and we'll talk.

Duncan Philp

imported post

Boycott Wyoming Gun Owners Association for lying about other gun owners.

Boycott RMGO for being associated with neo-nazi's.

Duncan Philp

imported post

"Well you won't see anyone call for a boycott on Cheyenne, none of the law enforcement in Cheyenne have threatened to impose a $750 fine or throw anyone in jail for OC.'

Boycott Cheyenne and Cheyenne Frontier Days. One ofFecht's thugs shadowed me during the Tea Party because I was wearing a sidearm at this event.

Fecht will steal your lisence plates and threaten people with a $750 fine for having politically incorrect plates. Everyone who lives in Laramie County knows of the corruption of the Cheyenne PD and how Fecht recieved his Masters Degree for a mail order program. If this is your man then you are right you are not one of us. Bouchard and his ilk support corrupt copsters and the illegal confiscation of guns at the hands of the Cheyenne PD.

So why the need to attack a pro-gun community like PB? Money is why. Ask Bouchard were those dues are going. The duesare not going back into Wyoming to fight for gun rights, they are going to Colorado and into the pockets of Dudley Brown.

If you really want to stick it to the Cheyenne groupies boycott Frontier Days.

Duncan Philp

imported post

If it isillegal to carry openly in the town of PB then why wasn't I arrested for doing so at a town meeting held two weeks ago? Why the lie about PB?

SDguy

imported post

AB wrote:
What does Pine Bluffs have in common with the far left?

Blacklisting and illegal search and seizure.

http://pinebluffswy.org/blacklisting

Interesting. And just what is their idea of a "subversive" organization? As an undefined term I guess it can be whatever the cop on the beat wants it to be. Then we can start all over again with the city lawyer and town board for another round.

I am not so sure that this law is constitutional. Can the local authorities write a law with an undefined term like "subversive"? And can they under Wyoming law write such a law at all under the Wyoming firearm preumption law?

Duncan Philp

imported post

"What does Pine Bluffs have in common with the far left?"

Nothing.

What does Cheyenne have to do with the far left? Cheyenne wants to be just like the city of Ft. Collins. Fecht is allowed to confiscate the guns of law abiding gun owners. Just ask Gay Woodhouse.

We should boycott Cheyenne instead of PB.

[align=left]
[/align]

Duncan Philp

imported post

http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1747/Firearm-Laws-Regulations-Ordinances-LOCAL-ORDINANCES.html

"Cheyenne, Wyoming, and Akron, Ohio, restrict the transfer of possession of "any firearm from which the manufacturer's identification mark or serial number has been removed."

What if I own an old .22 rifle that does not have a serial number stamped on it? What if I stamp one on the rifle to comply with this law? They don't say.

http://www.douglas.co.us/commissioners/documents/R-003-075.pdf

This Douglas County Colorado ordinance prohibits the open carry of a firearm at the county fair. I could maybe see this issue as it involves court houses and schools, but the county fair grounds?

You are going down a path that you can't argue. I can google for any town ordinance in Wyoming or Colorado and find similar laws that the town of PB has. You can nit pick till the cows come home and it will still mean squat. Are they enforceing that old 1950's law today? I'm an anarchist and told the locals as much, but did they care or have me arrested for being a subversive anarchist? Nope. Apply for a job with the Ft. Collins PD and on their application it will ask you if have ever been a member of any subversive organizations, but they do not define what a subersive organization is.

The Wyoming Homeland Security is montioring this very website looking for subversive posts. Why not go after them instead of some dorky little town?

If you want the town of PB to abolish their old laws, that they no longer enforce, then why don't you donate your time and or money to helping the town out? The town has a population of 1,500 people, most of whom are retired or unemployed, and as such the town has a very low revenue base. The biggest employer in this town is the local public school. They can't afford the cost of a full time lawyer to re-write ordinances that are in some cases 140 years old.

You people look like fools. You will ignore the attrocities commited on law abiding gun owners by the Cheyenne PD and instead go after this impoverished community. Why?

I see that madie has already done her home work on the city of Cheyenne and its firearms ordinances and in the process proven you people to be frauds.

I think that it is a ego thing. Bouchard was made the fool, and he is one, and he won't let it go.

Get a life girls.

The issue is simply this, three copsters told the towns people the wrong thing, because most copsters want to be the only one's in society to own and carry firearms. Officer Moran and Yeomans both placed a full page add in the local paper without first consulting the town council. The council was livid about it and acted on the issue right away by scolding these two idiot copsters and making it known what they wanted visa via thru local rag. Yeomans is a former Cheyenne cop who was only carrying on with what he had been taught to do as a cop while with the city of Cheyenne. Moran is from New Jersey and well need I say more? The third dufus in question would be Deputy Wilson who also told folks that he would arrest anyone he saw carrying a sidearm on their hip. Wilson was later chewed out by his supervisor, because the county sheriff Danny Glick heard of this transgression and made Wilson eat crow. You want to go after the entire town of PB for the screw up of two copsters. So why not go after Glick for the screw up of Deputy Wilson? Wilson is a prick and we would greatly appreciate it if some of you all gave a call to Glick about him.

I spoke to the gun guy with Marv's and he had the same negative encounter with Yeomans as did the guy who first ran to Bouchard to complain about the issue of open carry. The gun guy from Marv's was at the PB gun show selling his guns. So why didn't he boycott the show? Because he knows who is to blame and it ain't the town council. Call up Marv's Pawn Shop in Cheyenne and ask the guy why he was at the PB show.

The other issue here is that Bouchard needs some kind of issue so as to justify his own self worth or the need for a WYGO. Not much in the way of gun grabbing activity for the state of Wyoming, but plenty of it in Colorado which is the home of his handler Dudley Brown. Most all of the dues paid to Bouchard by WY residents who join his little club are in fact going to Dudley Brown of Colorado. It shall be easy enough for me to talk with the secretary of state about it.

How far is Bouchard willing to push this? A few phone calls to a few WY politicians, who are all to familiar with the town of PB and know for a fact that the town is gun loving community and yer boy Bouchard is all done for at the capitol bldg. His overseerer Brown is not allowed into the Colorado Capitol bldg to lobby with any elected reps and that would be because he does the same thing Bouchard has done which is lie his a$$ off about the issues.

I spent seven years at CSU and knew many of the College repub's, do you think that none of them ever told me a thing about Dudley and his evil ways? If you think he's such a great guy then contact the people who run the Rocky Mountian Fifty Caliber shoot and ask them for their opinion about this non-veteran Brown. Or call Col. Brown of SOF to get his take on Dud. You may even see a stroy about the incredible Dud in one of the next SOF issues.

I'd drop this now girls before it gets even uglier than it already is. I'm the guy who makes bad people or tyrants go away. Just ask Tom Mauser and Deputy Estep of jeffco.

Bye bye

AB

imported post

Turning Point of Pine Bluffs Open-Carry Policy.

In conversations about the town of Pine Bluffs people ask me what was the turning point.

Well it was during one of many conversations with Alex Davison the town attorney, he agreed to call another municipality to see what kind of response they would give.

He asked me if had I called the town of Douglas and I responded “no but I have reviewed their code and it is clean”.

Mr. Davison then put the both of us on conference call and then he dialed Douglas police dept. and told me “to do the talking and he would listen”

A Douglas police officer responded to questioning from myself with “open carry is fine” and that they “agreed with state preemption”.

What happened next is what is what sets the stage, the silence from the town attorney Alex Davison.

What happen to the “push-back” and the “hard stance against open carry”, why had Mr. Davison suddenly become so docile.

I thought to myself he wasn’t really just trying to challenge the law, Mr. Davison really didn’t know that state law preempted municipal law.

This was it I thought to myself, this was the turning point, at this pointmaybe thetown attorney Alex Davison realized that what I had been trying to tell him was true.

Then hewent on to say”I don’t think you would get that kind of response in Pine Bluffs”.

Well I am sure that the Mayor Leonard Anderson and Council members Bill Cushing, Ann Lansden, Mike Ragsdale, Bill Shain were fully unaware of state preemption as well.

At the town council meeting on March 2, 2009 they did finally accepted the fact that open-carry was allowed and also stated they would make changes to their ordinance.

We all know how this works, when the party’s over and everyone goes home, what really happens? freedom-hating politicians do what they do best,”NOTHING”.

What is important here is that in the beginning the Pine Bluffs Police officers Tom Moran, Brian Yeomans, Attorney Alex Davison, Mayor Leonard Anderson and the Council members all didn’t know the law or how to interpret the lawwritten intheir own books.

Why would they wantcling tothis set of antiquated laws? You decide.

As posted on: http://pinebluffswy.org/turning-point

About the accusations of "being tough".
The truth is the pinebluffswy.org website had search enginges blocked until now.

Just google "pine bluffs town council"