• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

real guns that look like toys

Jeffytune

imported post

I can't for the life of me wonder why anyone would want a firearm that looks like a clown gun.

And as par usual, they miss-labeled the AKS as a AK-47.

NightOwl

imported post

I couldn't help but laugh at all those funky colored guns. It's a toss up between the Hello Kitty and the cz-75 for my personal favorite.

nova

imported post

Here's a thought, if you see some 20 year old gang banger with a 'toy' then assume it's real. It'd be odd to see a thug playing with a water pistol!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I'd buy that Hello Kitty AK in a second. Nice to see them advertising for the guy that does the coatings, still has his watermark on the photos.

Jeffytune

imported post

Ok, I blew the pictures up 400%, there are only two stops, safe and fire.
That makes it a semi-auto, thus a AKS.

A AK-47 has three stops, safe, semi-auto and full auto.

Spectre

imported post

Most of the time these "clown guns" are for the ladies or gents who participate in matches and want to stand out a little for for a little fun gun.

I find it kinda funny that most of the "suspicious guns" came from a guy who paint's guns for a living.

I find it highly unreasonable he would knowingly paint a gun to look like that for gangbanger scum bags.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

But if they are found in Maryland, they are definately toys, there are no guns in
the state.
Lets hope they get sued for useing the artists pictures without paying royalties.

But I would proudly wear the cz-75 as long as the holster has the Ruger 10/22
markings. Of course I have no fashion sence, but wearing all black with those
colors allow me to blend into the background in HI at least. :shock:

YllwFvr

imported post

Jeffytune wrote:
Ok, I blew the pictures up 400%, there are only two stops, safe and fire.
That makes it a semi-auto, thus a AKS.

A AK-47 has three stops, safe, semi-auto and full auto.

I was under the impression the "S" stood for folding stock

for example the AKS-74U

S for folding stock, U for short

From Wiki:

AKS-47 — Featured a downward-folding metal stock similar to that of the German MP40, for use in the restricted space in the BMP infantry combat vehicle, as well as by paratroops.

AKMS, 7.62x39mm — Folding-stock version of the AKM intended for airborne troops. Stock may be either side- or under-folding.

Mine was labeled an AKS-74 when I purchased it but there were also AK-74 with wood stocks. Heres mine

l_58bc3c4ff08547c5996eac5326b52f06.jpg

Hello Kitty FTW! Wow that picture has been around forever!

I dont have a problem with coloring a gun for the most part but some of those are pretty out there. I have to admit the green striped ak was sexy!!!!

mercutio545

imported post

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that pink Taurus at Gander Mtn a while ago. Comes like that from the factory. Uh oh, is the BPD being a little misogynistic?

david.ross

imported post

/me laughs like a crazy roo...

you've got to be kidding me.

You do realize what the Colt 45 1911 is right? The color of the Mexican flag!

The ak-47 with black and green stripes I can probably see as a tacticool watercooler talk item. The Ruger... not so much. The CZ-75 is just ridiculous. The pink guns are obviously for those who adore pink, *rolls eyes*.

david.ross

imported post

One other note.

I'm curious if the images in the file, which are from jimsgunsupply were obtained with permission. Nothing like having your images stolen. If they were obtained without permission, severe penalty may be imposed to the Baltimore PD. Fair use specifies TEMPORARY use for educational purposes, not permanent.

Spectre

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
You do realize what the Colt 45 1911 is right? The color of the Mexican flag!

The ak-47 with black and green stripes I can probably see as a tacticool watercooler talk item. The Ruger... not so much. The CZ-75 is just ridiculous. The pink guns are obviously for those who adore pink, *rolls eyes*.

Because no one else can just like the colors green, white and red right? I guess no other nations flag uses the same colors either.

I guess for you guns cannot be a fun thing. Guns serve only one purpose and the person who owns it can't have any fun with it and do as they please with them.

But hey if my kids want their little .22 in fun colors, or if the only thing keeping my girlfriend from buying the gun she likes is the fact that they only come in black or silver, and not her favorite color. I guess Henry Ford did say it best, "You can have it in any color you want. So long as the color is black."

Gimme a break. :?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
The pink guns are obviously for those who adore pink, *rolls eyes*.

I own a pink gun, you douche canoe. I know it doesn't go well with fake AFT agent outfits, but it's always good for conversation at the range.