Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Sheesh, one of those hot shot lawyers from GeorgiaCarry.org flies into Milwaukee airport this morning and a couple of hours later there's breaking news!

Please Click, DIGG, and Share around the internet ASAP - right now we own this story so the faster it gets out the less chance other press outlets will screw up the facts or put the wrong spin on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...West-Milwaukee

SNIP

examiner.com —[/i] Today civil rights attorney John Monroe filed a federal lawsuit against West Milwaukee and it's police force for gross abuses of power against a man solely because the man was legally carrying a holstered gun. . . .

Post imported post

Excellent.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

A copy of the lawsuit can be found here http://www.georgiacarry.com/gonzalez.../complaint.pdf

Post imported post

Rock on! Let's put these felons with badges where they belong, in prison and sue the dickens out of the elected officials committing treason against our country!

Post imported post

Mike, wrong photo! That's me, not John . . .

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Sheesh, one of those hot shot lawyers from GeorgiaCarry.org flies into Milwaukee airport this morning and a couple of hours later there's breaking news!

Please Click, DIGG, and Share around the internet ASAP - right now we own this story so the faster it gets out the less chance other press outlets will screw up the facts or put the wrong spin on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d14-Breaking-News-Federal-civil-rights-lawsuit-filed-against-West-Milwaukee

SNIP

examiner.com — Today civil rights attorney John Monroe filed a federal lawsuit against West Milwaukee and it's police force for gross abuses of power against a man solely because the man was legally carrying a holstered gun. . . .

:celebrate I hope he takes their ass*es to the cleaner and gets such a huge judgment that he has to foreclose on the entire police department and sell everything at auction just to pay a portion of it...:celebrate Break them all, personally and professionally until they quit this type of mistreatment and actually begin treating us with respect, and decency..

Post imported post

Only punish those who promoted, condoned and took part in the unlawful behavior of that PD.

There's no need to punish [the few?] good cops in their city.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

How many times have they been told by the courts to stop harassing law abiding citizens? Good, maybe they'll finally get it through their heads.

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    Only punish those who promoted, condoned and took part in the unlawful behavior of that PD.

There's no need to punish [the few?] good cops in their city.
    then the "few good" should spend their time exposing the filth they work with and help to get rid of them--make them quit, expose them, complain against them...

if the "good" officers do nothing--then they are not "good"...and should equally be punished.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

At long last there is a beacon of hope.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Amen on the "no good cops" comment, there aren't any.
    Oh, come on. The lawyer who filed the lawsuit used to be a cop. I was one for a dozen years.

Also, I find it amazing a lawyer from GEORGIA can fly into Milwaukee and, within hours, file a suit.
    :celebrate

Post imported post

This is the best news I've had all day! It is not that hard to write a law that makes sense and doesn't violate the Constitution. It's time to smack our elected officials around and make them do their jobs.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    Mike, wrong photo! That's me, not John . . .
    Corrected hours ago, but shucks, you both look so dashing!

Post imported post

I hope that they are held accountable for their unlawful actions to the fullest extent of the city's pocketbook. Best of luck in the righteous fight.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mike, you spelled my name wrong. It's Gonzalez.

Post imported post

"Despite the fact that the governor and multiple other state officials have declared that open carry is not illegal, some law enforcement officers continue to deprive Wisconsin citizens of their constitutional rights by harassing them for engaging in this perfectly lawful behavior."

I think the above quote should read "....
    declared that open carry is illegal,
    ..."

Strike the "not". Isn't that right?

EDIT:
    I now see that I misread the original quote.

Post imported post

Mark, I find your comment about "no good cops" somewhat offensive. I have been a police officer in both the federal and local jurisdictions for almost 15 year and I can assure you that I have never unlawfully violated someone's constitutionally protected liberties.

In fact, I would venture to say that anything coming from a coonass in LA probably doesn't really appreciate all that police officers do. In fact just the other day I beat down a little old lady crossing the street and found the first white guy I could find just to pull him over for driving in a black neighborhood.

The point is this....just like not all doctors are good at heart, not all teachers love children, and not all sports stars are perfect examples of roll models....not all police officers are good. But this I can say...most of them are justl like you and me. They put on their pants one leg at a time and do the best they can to make money for their familes. Try and remember this next time you or your family or someone you care about needs a police officer....otherwise, call a crack head and see what response you get.

David

Post imported post

Oh yeah, by the way...I am a police officer in TX and I amall for open carry. It doesn't bother me one bit. I am a proud member of the "strict constructionist" political party. It means that any able bodied person eligible to join the militia (according to the literal reading of the 2A) cannot have their rights to bear arms infringed upon....even if they are nuts, felons, or anthing else

David

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

dlofton:

Be aware that Mark is from Louisiana not Wisconsin. His comments are his and his alone. We have some active cops and ex-cops on the Wisconsin OC forum. All are valuable contributors. I personally don't like the terms "good" cop and "bad" cop. I prefer the words informed and misinformed.

Post imported post

Well, then Mark. What profession are you?

Post imported post

You have stated that there is a hard rule in LA....do not dial 911, ever. Being that I own land in LA over at Lake St John, LA(it is a fishing camp on the water) and have owned said land for more than 10 years, I have never heard this rule. Can you please explain?

Post imported post

I actually like most Wisconsin people I have met. Being a military guy officer for 20 years before my retirement I met lots of folks from WI. Most were pretty nice. However, most LA people I have met still continue to be just like those from the evil empire that is LSU......HODDY TODDY!

Post imported post

Oh...don't be fooled sir, there are some very good cops but also there are some very bad ones, too. I hate the bad ones just as much as the rest of the world does.

Post imported post

Ok, well you have stil failed to tell us what you do for your employment. Are you scared to admit what you do? Ashamed maybe.

Is this you, Mark?

MARK E MARCHIAFAVA
    750 FLORIDA ST

BATON ROUGE, LA 70801

Post imported post

"Law enforcment" is probably one of the few "professions" I know of where you can totally fail to succeed at your job and STILL get paid.

This is clearly not true. Have you ever seen the Detriot Lions play football?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast