• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News: Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Sheesh, one of those hot shot lawyers from GeorgiaCarry.org flies into Milwaukee airport this morning and a couple of hours later there's breaking news!

Please Click, DIGG, and Share around the internet ASAP - right now we own this story so the faster it gets out the less chance other press outlets will screw up the facts or put the wrong spin on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d14-Breaking-News-Federal-civil-rights-lawsuit-filed-against-West-Milwaukee

SNIP

examiner.com —[/i] Today civil rights attorney John Monroe filed a federal lawsuit against West Milwaukee and it's police force for gross abuses of power against a man solely because the man was legally carrying a holstered gun. . . .

Pagan

imported post

Rock on! Let's put these felons with badges where they belong, in prison and sue the dickens out of the elected officials committing treason against our country!

suntzu

imported post

Mike wrote:
Sheesh, one of those hot shot lawyers from GeorgiaCarry.org flies into Milwaukee airport this morning and a couple of hours later there's breaking news!

Please Click, DIGG, and Share around the internet ASAP - right now we own this story so the faster it gets out the less chance other press outlets will screw up the facts or put the wrong spin on it:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d14-Breaking-News-Federal-civil-rights-lawsuit-filed-against-West-Milwaukee

SNIP

examiner.com — Today civil rights attorney John Monroe filed a federal lawsuit against West Milwaukee and it's police force for gross abuses of power against a man solely because the man was legally carrying a holstered gun. . . .
:celebrate I hope he takes their ass*es to the cleaner and gets such a huge judgment that he has to foreclose on the entire police department and sell everything at auction just to pay a portion of it...:celebrate Break them all, personally and professionally until they quit this type of mistreatment and actually begin treating us with respect, and decency..

suntzu

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Only punish those who promoted, condoned and took part in the unlawful behavior of that PD.

There's no need to punish [the few?] good cops in their city.
then the "few good" should spend their time exposing the filth they work with and help to get rid of them--make them quit, expose them, complain against them...

if the "good" officers do nothing--then they are not "good"...and should equally be punished.

imported post

Amen on the "no good cops" comment, there aren't any.
Also, I find it amazing a lawyer from GEORGIA can fly into Milwaukee and, within hours, file a suit.
Seems the NRA (negotiate rights away) could have been doing this same thing all along. ONE, just ONE "good" lawyer could tie up dozens of "law enforcement officers" in federal court for years.
Imagine what a DOZEN of 'em could do !!!!
It's well past time for a nationwide OC defense fund. Let the concealed carry "men" fend for themselves.
Where do I sign?

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Amen on the "no good cops" comment, there aren't any.
Oh, come on. The lawyer who filed the lawsuit used to be a cop. I was one for a dozen years.

Also, I find it amazing a lawyer from GEORGIA can fly into Milwaukee and, within hours, file a suit.

:celebrate

FeralOne

imported post

This is the best news I've had all day! It is not that hard to write a law that makes sense and doesn't violate the Constitution. It's time to smack our elected officials around and make them do their jobs.

sccrref

imported post

I hope that they are held accountable for their unlawful actions to the fullest extent of the city's pocketbook. Best of luck in the righteous fight.

Eric

imported post

"Despite the fact that the governor and multiple other state officials have declared that open carry is not illegal, some law enforcement officers continue to deprive Wisconsin citizens of their constitutional rights by harassing them for engaging in this perfectly lawful behavior."

I think the above quote should read "....
declared that open carry is illegal,
..."

Strike the "not". Isn't that right?

EDIT:
I now see that I misread the original quote.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

dlofton

imported post

Mark, I find your comment about "no good cops" somewhat offensive. I have been a police officer in both the federal and local jurisdictions for almost 15 year and I can assure you that I have never unlawfully violated someone's constitutionally protected liberties.

In fact, I would venture to say that anything coming from a coonass in LA probably doesn't really appreciate all that police officers do. In fact just the other day I beat down a little old lady crossing the street and found the first white guy I could find just to pull him over for driving in a black neighborhood.

The point is this....just like not all doctors are good at heart, not all teachers love children, and not all sports stars are perfect examples of roll models....not all police officers are good. But this I can say...most of them are justl like you and me. They put on their pants one leg at a time and do the best they can to make money for their familes. Try and remember this next time you or your family or someone you care about needs a police officer....otherwise, call a crack head and see what response you get.

David

dlofton

imported post

Oh yeah, by the way...I am a police officer in TX and I amall for open carry. It doesn't bother me one bit. I am a proud member of the "strict constructionist" political party. It means that any able bodied person eligible to join the militia (according to the literal reading of the 2A) cannot have their rights to bear arms infringed upon....even if they are nuts, felons, or anthing else

David