• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News: Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee

imported post

Even the bible teaches the truth offends. So be it.
If you've been a "law enforcement officer" for some 15 years, you've violated someone, whether or not you even comprehend it.
Coonass? That's just too funny, as I am of Sicilian descent.
Resorting to name-calling speaks volumes.
No, most "law enforcement officers" are not "just like me," or else they would have chosen a more honorable profession.
We have a hard rule here: do NOT dial 911, ever.
The apostle Paul didn't stone Stephen, but he DID hold the cloaks of those who did.
Under "your" law, Paul would be just as guilty as the rest of the self-righteous folk who carried out the murder.
Any "law enforcement officer" who fails to reign in his rogue counterparts is equally guilty.
All that, and not one personal, derogatory slur.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dlofton:

Be aware that Mark is from Louisiana not Wisconsin. His comments are his and his alone. We have some active cops and ex-cops on the Wisconsin OC forum. All are valuable contributors. I personally don't like the terms "good" cop and "bad" cop. I prefer the words informed and misinformed.

dlofton

imported post

You have stated that there is a hard rule in LA....do not dial 911, ever. Being that I own land in LA over at Lake St John, LA(it is a fishing camp on the water) and have owned said land for more than 10 years, I have never heard this rule. Can you please explain?

dlofton

imported post

I actually like most Wisconsin people I have met. Being a military guy officer for 20 years before my retirement I met lots of folks from WI. Most were pretty nice. However, most LA people I have met still continue to be just like those from the evil empire that is LSU......HODDY TODDY!

dlofton

imported post

Oh...don't be fooled sir, there are some very good cops but also there are some very bad ones, too. I hate the bad ones just as much as the rest of the world does.

imported post

LOL, this is just too funny.
I never said the entire state of Louisiana has a rule to not dial 911, just "here," meaning under this one roof.
My profession doesn't require me to violate others, not even for a paycheck.
Quite the contrary. To generate a paycheck, we must PLEASE and SATISFY our customers. "Law enforcement" doesn't have customers, they have victims.
"Law enforcment" is probably one of the few "professions" I know of where you can totally fail to succeed at your job and STILL get paid.

dlofton

imported post

Ok, well you have stil failed to tell us what you do for your employment. Are you scared to admit what you do? Ashamed maybe.

Is this you, Mark?

MARK E MARCHIAFAVA
750 FLORIDA ST

BATON ROUGE, LA 70801

dlofton

imported post

"Law enforcment" is probably one of the few "professions" I know of where you can totally fail to succeed at your job and STILL get paid.

This is clearly not true. Have you ever seen the Detriot Lions play football?

dlofton

imported post

Well, Mark, I guess you are too ashamed to simply admit what you do for a living? Just like a coward........in TX we call that "yeller"

WCrawford

imported post

David, Mark will probably never admit there is sucha a thing as a good cop. Don't bother trying. :)

I must ask you, though, do you report fellow officers to higher authority when they step out of line? If not, why? I don't expect an answer, but would ask you think about the questions.

From my perspective, I think there is a problem in some departments that the good cops look the other way when the "not so good" or the downright bad cops break the rules, laws or violate rights.

The problem has a solution, but I'm not sure if there are many people willing to do the work to purge the LE profession of the bad LEOs.

Max

imported post

Jesus, you accused me of spelling your name wrong and you said it happens all the time. Perhaps you are spelling your name wrong, not us. LOL

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Dave Lofton, please take your beef with Mark Edward Marchiafava to a different thread. This one should be a bit celebratory for Wisconsin.

You might pick a thread that documents the source of MEM's disdain for LEO - and his triumphs over them.

ETA much later: Here's half that story http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/22754.html
This. Please. This thread is too important for Mark and Dave to pull it so far off topic.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

WTF lofton??
You say your a 'Good Cop" but you resort to Cyberstalking and posting personal information on a public forum?! Do us all a favor, Knock it off and friggin grow up!

this thread is about Wisconsin and one of our citizens that will be getting vindicated for the abuses he suffered by the W-M police department and to punish them for violating someone rights, this is history in the making andmay very much decide our O-C fate up here.

Take your cyberstalking someplace else please.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
WTF lofton??

Come on, guys. Let's get it back on topic.

I believe this is a first - a federal civil rights lawsuit in Wisconsin for the all-too- pervasive police harassment of a person openly carrying a firearm. This federal case also challenges the practice of misusing disorderly conduct charges for discouraging the legal carry of firearms.

This case also, without words,eloquently addresses the criticson this very forum who were so insulting toward the Georgians who posted in earlier Wisconsintopics . . .