• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first OC comment

cynicist

imported post

A couple days ago at about 2 in the morning, after my son went back to bed after some vomiting fun, I walked down the street to the kwik-e-mart to get some gatorade for him. I had my High Power clone in one of those old-school cop type holsters (don't know what they're actually called) and this Hispanic guy (I figure I'll get in on it too) says "Whooooaaa! Nice gun!... Are you a cop?" Shake my head and start to walk out. "Hey, you know what a Tokarev is?... " And I ended up being there an extra 15 minutes.

adamsesq

imported post

I've often thought about a t-shirt that says "You Meet The Nicest People Carrying A Gun."

-adamsesq

fatalhubris

imported post

you guys start rocking those T's I guess ill have to get a bunch of 1% patches made up......heh

arentol

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
I've often thought about a t-shirt that says "You Meet The Nicest People Carrying A Gun."

-adamsesq

It would be nice if it also say opencarry.org on it somewhere. Maybe "You Meet The Nicest People Carrying A Gun" on the front, and Opencarry.org on the back.

If someone did up the artwork for this we could have someplace like cafepress make up the shirts and then people could purchase them directly from http://www.cafepress.com (though I am not sure that cafepress itself does that kind of order/sales custom work, but I know there are some places that do, I just don't recall who exactly at this time.)

arentol

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Well I am a successful artist ...what do you need?
Well, there are two pieces of art potentially:

The first is the phrase: "You meet the nicest people carrying a gun". That could just be done in a nice font, or it could be done with some associated art. I am not all that creative, so if someone were to think of something that would fit with that sentence that might be cool, but if not I think it still stands on its own.

The second is is the words "opencarry.org", and the gun symbol they use on their apparel already, so no need to make that part.

Obviously we should be able to do the first one on its own totally privately if we like, in which case we would just need to find a manufacturer and get their art requirements and then submit whatever design we come up with according to those.

However, if we want to include the second opencarry.org part we would either need opencarry.org's permission or we need to submit the art to them and see if they will have the shirts produced and sold through their apparel section.

Personally I would prefer to have the OC.org part on it, even if it ends up costing more and we have to go through the apparel store to buy it. I think it would help to educate people without them having to approach the MWSAG (Man with shirt and gun), which would probably make them very uncomfortable compared to just reading the shirt and then looking up the site later.

So basically, if you can think up a font and overall design, then please put it together and lets take a look. Once we have that designed and everyone interested seems happy we can submit it to the general public in it's own thread, and contact the OC.org to see if they are interested.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

ocpolo.jpg

arentol

imported post

Good question... I like tat2ed_guy's version, but it might be a little too aggressive with that image, which also is probably copyrighted or something. Maybe we can find another image that is a little more appropriate and put it in the same frame.

DEROS72

imported post

That does not present a positive image.That is one that someone wears that feels the need due to some inadequacy to show off.Something subdued with a holstered side arm perhaps.I am working on something.We are no trying to intimidate but to gain support.

DEROS72

imported post

I am working up a very subdued design to go on a very nice golf shirt .Presents a better image.We are not trying to present to the anti's that we are just a bunch of narrsisistic gun slingers.Giant images of a gun pointed at the viewer and carrying a totally oversized sidearm does not help.For example.I carry my Tanfaglio Witness.45 or a Bersa .380 and at times depending on the clothes I wear no one even notices.As i've said I never get hasseled and those that do see are just curious and want info.What cracks me up is these guys that wear a t-shirt like that ,a pair of 5-11'S ,carrying a Casull or a .223 pistol in a thigh rig and parade up and down the grocery store isle trying to get someone to notice .These are the idiots that will get you detained or killed because most don't have the training and are out of shape anyway.The type that when you go to a coffee shop will walk around all the tables strong side to folk trying to get someone to say something.

Technoweenes golf shirt above is perfect.Doesn't stand out to much but carrys the symbol.

arentol

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
That does not present a positive image.That is one that someone wears that feels the need due to some inadequacy to show off.Something subdued with a holstered side arm perhaps.I am working on something.We are no trying to intimidate but to gain support.
I agree.

The point is not to intimidate people, it is to get them to stop and think when they read the dual-meaning statement.... Maybe even to get them to laugh when they really think about it.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I lost track of this topic for a while. I wanst being serious when I did that design. lol

Like the post said, just messing around during lunch and wanted to keep the thread alive. Im very interested in seeing what can come of this.