• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apology to CCDL Members

gregwa

imported post

I humbly apologize to all who attended tonight's meeting of the CCDL. I had fully intended to be there myself, but as the afternoon wore on I began feeling below par. By the time 6:00 rolled around, I had realized that I couldn't drag myself out.

To make matters more disappointing, my schedule over the last few weeks has become insane, as I've taken on more work than I should have done. Therefore, I think it best to humbly remove myself as interim secretary.

I normally keep my commitments, and feel like a major schmuck in this decision, but I just don't think that it's wise to take on this commitment at this time--especially as I'm having trouble keeping other commitments in the process.

So please forgive my absence, and try not to hate me for pulling back. I wholeheartedly support all that you guys are doing, and I trust that in the coming months you'll begin to make a difference in Hartford. If I can get my schedule back to sane levels, I'll be sure to join you once more.

In the meantime, I'll still purchase the T-shirt that I committed to last meeting, if Jay can contact me in that regard.

With regrets,
Greg Benoit

littlemike

imported post

Totally understandable, Greg, under the circumstances. As a new member, I was pleased to see Susan pick up the reins and take the job of interim secretary. I do hope to meet you though at a future meeting. I'm proud to be associated with this new organization and hope to see it do great things.

regards,
mike

bennettprescott

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Greg,

No problem, man! If you can't do it, you can't do it. We quickly elected an able replacement in Robert, hope to see you again soon. Maybe in 6 months when we switch over from "interim" to "real" officers you'll have the free time again.

(oops, it was Robert who we elected secretary, Susan is our registered agent)

Wife of Protector

imported post

You guys are very sweet, but I declined the secretary positition, actually Robert is our new interim secretary. I'm just the registered agent. At any rate Greg, we appreciate your interest and willingness, and hope things return to a calm for you...I'm sure we all look forward to seeing you again as soon as your schedule permits

littlemike

imported post

Oh yeah, I was confused, you are the official send-the-incorporation-papers-in-to-the-secretary-of-state person. Y'see I can have both a blond moment and a senior moment at the same time. :lol:

romma

imported post

We missed you Greg, but there will be plenty of roles for all uf us to take on in due time. Especially since I believe our goal is to be a "hands on" active organization.

And we will continually need fresh blood to bring new ideas and take over board positions as the need arises.

Hopefully your schedule clears soon enough Greg. We can certainly use you when you are able.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Yes, I'm having to shave my legs now and touch up on my steno skills.
Robert,

I thought that shaving your legs was a daily thing....LOL

SorryI could not resist , I must be feeling a little better :celebrate

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
romma wrote:
Welcome Back Lenny! How ya feeling?
Yeah for sure, your ears must have been burning because we talked about you all evening.

Hope you're feeling better.
Thanks for your concern.

I hope that you were saying good things!!!!

I have to go through hopefully 1 more test that is scheduled for next week.

I am feeling much better, but if the test comes out bad thenI am lookin at some surgery. Should be just a few days in hospital.

Ok so enough about me.

Now 3questions

1) do we have the rights to the new logo?

2)If so isthere a version on line that I can get for the membership forms?

3) Mission statement, Final version, where do I get a copy to put on the forms?

uskrusader

imported post

Now 3questions

1) do we have the rights to the new logo?

2)If so isthere a version on line that I can get for the membership forms?

3) Mission statement, Final version, where do I get a copy to put on the forms?

1 and 2: Our T-shirt guy says he'll give us the logo....I just sent him the request by email. Hopefully I'll get it in the next couple of days.

2. I think our new MS is at the top of our fb page.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

That is great news. The logo for free is wondeful. I would still suggest some sort of signed paperwork to legalize the transfer of ownership. This would just be a precaution to prevent any type of litigation in the future. I would hope that it would never come to such a thing, just better safe than sorry. Especially since this will become the face of the organization in the future.

Wife of Protector

imported post

Lenny,

I have the necessary state paperwork to register our trademark/logo as soon as the incorporation papers go through...with any luck we may be able to motion this at the next meeting...or June at the latest....also hopefully within that same time frame, the treasury will have accumulated the $50 filing fee...because of course the state has to get their money.

romma

imported post

Pleasepost an address to send a donation check to. I will gladly donate the $50.

Sincerely,

Your fellow right wing extremist

As soon as we are incorporated jumpmaster, and our bank account is opened, we will do that!

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Did we want to get a PO Box for such things. I .think itis the way to gofor the membership forms. I know that we need an actual address for registration, however I dont think that that address should be the one used for mail in donations and such. Any otherideas please post

Lenny