• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PPK and PPK/s RECALL UPDATE

Alexcabbie

imported post

Last month I shipped my PPK/s back to Walther America due to the recall occasioned by the fact that some of the pistols were firing when the safety/decock was applied.

Today I called to ask how soon I could expect my weapon back. I was tolod that they had "just held the meeting for scheduling the repairs" and repairs would begin "around mid-May". Naturally I asked why and I was told that it had taken some time to re-design the replacement part (ie: ir was not a faulty PART but an inherent DESIGN FLAW) The rep said they expect to do 600-700 weapons a day once the parts are made and that they currently have about 7,000 weapons awaiting attention. SO everybody ought to get their pistol back sometime around Memorial Day. Figures, because I have LOTS of .380 ammo but the PPK/s is the only firearm I have chambered for it.

Oh well. I just thought I mght spare somebody 25 minutes on hold with Walther, because that's what you are going to be told after wasting all those minutes.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well now I'm really glad I just sold mine off and bought a PPS instead :D.

Rob_B

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Last month I shipped my PPK/s back to Walther America due to the recall occasioned by the fact that some of the pistols were firing when the safety/decock was applied.

Today I called to ask how soon I could expect my weapon back. I was tolod that they had "just held the meeting for scheduling the repairs" and repairs would begin "around mid-May". Naturally I asked why and I was told that it had taken some time to re-design the replacement part (ie: ir was not a faulty PART but an inherent DESIGN FLAW) The rep said they expect to do 600-700 weapons a day once the parts are made and that they currently have about 7,000 weapons awaiting attention. SO everybody ought to get their pistol back sometime around Memorial Day. Figures, because I have LOTS of .380 ammo but the PPK/s is the only firearm I have chambered for it.

Oh well. I just thought I mght spare somebody 25 minutes on hold with Walther, because that's what you are going to be told after wasting all those minutes.
Funny. I'm having a hell of a time finding .380 ammo locally. Care to sell any?

Alexcabbie

imported post

You give me 40 acres of arable Texas homestead and you can have eery weapon I owm besides my P38 and my Ruger carbine, plus all that ammo. I have been awake since 5 AM amd I just cannot bear to go to work and put up with these idiots in the city anymore. I would really rather scratch my living out of the dirt and whatever meat I could shoot than have to listen to somebody ask, when I tell them to enter my taxi on the curb side, if the street side door is "broke". I just cannot cope with these goddamned idiots who populate Northern Virginia anymore. PM me if you have a serious offer.