Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "LOL"

Post imported post

Yep, that's all I can really say about these Students For Gun Free Schools ads...

Wild Wild West http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzm3J7hLnYU

The Bully http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyuY-8S4jCQ

Med School http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLRIkX6cl0

Post imported post

left comments on the ones you linked.

Comments "pending approval'

Post imported post

so these idiots are trying to say it will be much safer to allow bullies to roam free in the schools, it is not safe to exercise your rights and that there is a direct correlation between the lawful carry of firearms and becoming a doctor?
    where are these idiots when it comes to people having children without "proper training", or owning a house, or things of that nature?
    the whole thing is ridiculous, they're probably the same kids (yes, kids) who go outside, off campus and smoke dope at lunchtime, even though that's a violation of federal law (but that's different to them...) and dream up this kind of nonsense.
    the facts remain that before all this "gun control" b.s., there were very few incidents involving firearms and innocent victims. it has only been since the "regulation" by the government that there have been serious problems with them.
    Same thing happened when the government outlawed alcohol, there was a rise in crime directly related to that commodity. then the "war on drugs", guess who's winning that one?
    of course, there is one final possibility as to why the government wants to control firearms; it is because an unarmed populous needs the government to protect them and that government can do whatever they please to the citizens (subjects) when they can't fight back.
    personally, i think it's an abomination that they are brainwashing our children to believe they will be safer if only the government has the power...
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Post imported post

I guess my comments weren't approved, because they never made it up there.

Hmm, logic and fact have no place in biased 'media' I guess.

Post imported post

My comments probably won't get approved either. Gotta love how they disabled ratings on 2/3 of them, and the 1/3 that didn't have it's rating disabled is at 1 star.

Edit: Went and took a look at their website. Example of it is a description of the Virginia Tech shooting, and that "nobody should have to go through this" for why they want a gun free school zone. Somehow, I think they missed the point...

Post imported post

I didn't see any comments.. I guess they don't want to hear peoples opinions. They just want us to hear theirs.

Post imported post

Those have gotto be the most ridiculus videos I've ever seen. :?

Utah has allowed openand concealed carry in schools for over five years now.

Anybody ever hear of a school shooting in Utah?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

The bully one seemed to me to be pro carry. Although, I simply don't believe that a fight would start that easily among college students. Nearly all college students are out to better themselves, not get expelled over accidentally bumping into someone.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Typical anti's exibitingemotionally driven fear mongering. No facts provided, no logical arguments made. Just making a mockery of rights and the ability and responsibility of self defense.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

I gather the author of those videos has never actually been outside of the high school it looks like they were filmed in.

Back in reality, I have been to university, and it's a place occupied by adults, not children. Or maybe that just says something about where he goes to school?

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Those have gotÂ*to be the most ridiculus videos I've ever seen.Â* :?

Utah has allowed openÂ*and concealed carry in schools for over five years now.

OC, huh? For some reason I had the impression everybody CCed on campus in Utah.

I'd sure love to OC in class. More comfortable.

Then again, I'd be happy to be able to carry in class at all.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Back in reality, I have been to university, and it's a place occupied by adults, not children. Or maybe that just says something about where he goes to school?
    I'll debate that :? It's like a 50/50 mixture where I'm at...

Post imported post

Sorry to hear that. Sounds a little like the art school I was going to.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I gather the author of those videos has never actually been outside of the high school it looks like they were filmed in.

100% agree. That Bully videoseriously reminds me of some high school punk that needs to grow up a LOT. I go to UNR and everyone there is friendly and has no issues. We're all there for the same reason, expanding out education. 99.9% of the time, bumping shoulders or accidentally bumping someone's books out of thier hands doesn't happen, and IF... I repeat, IF it does, everyone involved and around is polite about it... appologizes, helps pick it all up, and says "have a good day." I honestly don't understand why people think that college students aren't responsibe.... the "style" of people they try to portray in these videos are the ones that don't ever think about going to college or don't make it into college because they're dirtbags that would rather go on some egotistical macho rant and put someone else down than better themselves by getting an education. Not to even mention the fact that the people who would be carrying on campus ALREADY have a CCW permit OUTSIDE of campus. So why wouldn't this kind of thing happen in say, starbucks?

Why don't these people understand this? And of course when these types of people (the one's making the videos) are doing interviews of campus students, they don't tell the intervieweethat the students thatWOULD be carrying on campusALREADY have a CCW, and already carrymost everywhere else!They ask the typical "What do you think about letting students carry concealed firearms on campus?" and the typical answer from the average IGNORANT interviewee they just happened to find is "I think it's a bad idea. I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing the person sitting next to me might have a gun." Well, what about this morning when you had breakfast at the local cafe? did you know the 3 guys sitting at the booth next to you were all carrying concealed firearms? Didn't seem to bother you then did it?

:celebrateMy $0.02. I'm done. Off the soap-box...for now

Post imported post

I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd chime in here.

First I'm at work(on campus) right now so I can't use sound to watch the videos. In my silent world, the "wild west" looked like days at my high school when kids dressed up for no good reason, just because. The guns were all put away and not causing problems on their own, just the kid that can't get to class on time. I guess they missed their mark on that one, unless it was all in the sound.

I also can't see a bully ever picking on a kid with the immediate ability to draw a gun on him. They like to go for the weak ones.

Med school made no sense without sound, so I'll assume there was some important point made there.

As far as guns in schools, it may just be my campus, but I probably wouldn't trust half the kids here with a butter knife.(and yes I'll call them kids because that's how many act). There are plenty that I think would make mature responsible gun carries on campus, so I'm still a little torn on this issue. I'd like to see campuses with students carrying but I'd hate to see those that are irresponsible ruining it for the rest.

Post imported post

Jay Gatz wrote:
    I'd like to see campuses with students carrying but I'd hate to see those that are irresponsible ruining it for the rest.
    Irresponsible people are already ruining things for the rest of us - hence the need to go about armed to protect oneself against these other people who are armed and ought not to be.

-ljp

Post imported post

Carrying weapons on campus can be prevented by posting NO WEAPONS signs as students and visitors enter the facility.

School shootings can be prevented by posting NO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS signs as students and visitors enter the facility.

Didn't you know that?

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    Carrying weapons on campus can be prevented by posting NO WEAPONS signs as students and visitors enter the facility.

School shootings can be prevented by posting NO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS signs as students and visitors enter the facility.

Didn't you know that?
    :what:I should get my campus on that right now! There are no such signs, I could be in danger of a shooting if they don't.

Also I think that requiring a concealed permit would solve my worry of kids that aren't mature enough as they're usually of the 18/19 range and unsure of how to handle all the new responsibility they're taking on. Since in most states 21 is required for concealed carry the more mature students would be able to carry and stop a shooting a little more effectively than a sign.

Post imported post

Make the signs on campus big enough to cover center mass on an adult (about the size of a bulletproof vest).

You can always stand behind the sign.

I am a teacher. I would carry at work if I were requested to and legally allowed to. I know I would be able to mitigate any situation that arose.

Imagine if the word gets out...

"Hey Johnny, did you know that the Principal told Mr. ___ to carry his gun to school?"

"Yeah? Cool!"

You thing the black raincoat types are going to come back to school packing heat if they know a teacher is armed?

Disclaimer: if any school adiministrator sees this, don't bother guessing who it is. I would never carry a gun to school unless it were legal. Like that would ever happen!

Post imported post

I went to a small Christian School in northeast Arkansas. As one could imagine, hunting and fishing was very popular.

Thehuntershad their shotguns and even some of those had gun racks in the back window of their pick ups.

No one thought twice, or ever dreamed they would be used impulsively.

I think, that the faculty and staff (secretly) liked it when turkey/deer/duck were in season: These guys could get up at 3:30 in the morning to hunt and then go to their 8am class.

When the game wasn't in season, the 8am classes were a little--sparce.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    Those have gotto be the most ridiculus videos I've ever seen. :?

Utah has allowed openand concealed carry in schools for over five years now.

OC, huh? For some reason I had the impression everybody CCed on campus in Utah.

I'd sure love to OC in class. More comfortable.

Then again, I'd be happy to be able to carry in class at all.
    Utah law requires a CFP to carry on campus, but OC or CC is allowed with the permit.

76-3-203.2. Definitions -- Use of dangerous weapon in offenses committed on or about school premises -- Enhanced penalties.
    (1) (a) As used in this section and Section 76-10-505.5, "on or about school premises" means any of the following:
    (i) in a public or private elementary, secondary, or on the grounds of any of those schools;
    (ii) in a public or private vocational school or postsecondary institution or on the grounds of any of those schools or institutions;
    (iii) in those portions of any building, park, stadium, or other structure or grounds which are, at the time of the act, being used for an activity sponsored by or through a school or institution under Subsections (1)(a)(i) and (ii); (iv) in or on the grounds of a preschool or child-care facility; and (v) within 1,000 feet of any structure, facility, or grounds included in Subsections (1)(a)(i), (ii), (iii), and (iv).
    (b) As used in this section:
    (i) "Dangerous weapon" has the same definition as in Section 76-1-601.
    (ii) "Educator" means any person who is employed by a public school district and who is required to hold a certificate issued by the State Board of Education in order to perform duties of employment.
    (iii) "Within the course of employment" means that an educator is providing services or engaging in conduct required by the educator's employer to perform the duties of employment.

76-10-505.5. Possession of a dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises -- Penalties.
    (1) A person may not possess any dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed-off shotgun, as those terms are defined in Section 76-10-501, at a place that the person knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is on or about school premises as defined in Subsection 76-3-203.2(1).
    (2) (a) Possession of a dangerous weapon on or about school premises is a class B misdemeanor.
    (b) Possession of a firearm or sawed-off shotgun on or about school premises is a class A misdemeanor.
    (3) This section does not apply if:
    (a) the person is authorized to possess a firearm as provided under Section 53-5-704, 53-5-705, 76-10-511, or 76-10-523, or as otherwise authorized by law;
    (b) the possession is approved by the responsible school administrator;
    (c) the item is present or to be used in connection with a lawful, approved activity and is in the possession or under the control of the person responsible for its possession or use; or
    (d) the possession is:
    (i) at the person's place of residence or on the person's property;
    (ii) in any vehicle lawfully under the person's control, other than a vehicle owned by the school or used by the school to transport students; or
    (iii) at the person's place of business which is not located in the areas described in Subsection 76-3-203.2(1)(a)(i), (ii), or (iv).
    (4) This section does not prohibit prosecution of a more serious weapons offense that may occur on or about school premises.
    53-5-704 - Shall Issue Concealed Firearm Permit law
    53-5-705 - May Issue Temporary Concealed Firearm Permit law

Post imported post

I attended college between 1983 and 1987. I tend to agree with one of the other posts here in that about 50% of the kids at that school (a VERY academically rigorous private liberal arts college with VERY high standards) probably weren't mature enough to be trusted with anything more dangerous than a butter knife. And it wasn't the Art students who were the problems--I was a double major in Graphic Design and Computer Science. It was the Business majors, the Chemistry majors, and the Accounting majors who caused most of the trouble in my dorm, and overall....

But anyway, There are two points about this whole Campus Carry issue that really have me peaved, and I just CAN'T understand why the activists aren't making a bigger deal out of these two issues.

ONE: there are a LOT of VERY mature adults who return to school for advanced degrees in their 30's 40's and 50's, and already have Concealed Carry permits, but because of campus weapons bans, are prohibited from carrying or even STORING their handguns in their cars while on campus. I have a NC CHP, and I am in the MFA program at a NC university. I don't even dare to bring my gun with me and leave it in the car when I'm on campus, because 1) I'm afraid someone might break into my car and steal my pistol, and 2) even if I park OFF CAMPUS and walk 4 blocks to class, if for some reason I should take a route when I go home that takes me ONTO campus, I am in violation of NC statues. There are NO exceptions to the weapons ban on NC campuses, even if you are transporting it legally and have a CHP...

I'm 44 years old. I have a valid CHP. I have never been arrested for ANYTHING. I've never had a DUI. I've never had a restraining order placed on me. I've never even been CHARGED with a crime. And yet, for some reason, the state of NC seems to think that, although I can carry my firearm just about anywhere else (including city parks, restaurants that don't serve alcohol, and retail establishments), for some strange reason, I am DENIED my right to self-defense while I'm on campus.

I go to school in Greenville NC. Those of you who know about NC know that although G-Vegas isn't exactly the same as Compton or the Bronx, it's got some pretty rough characters roaming the streets, and can be a pretty dicey town in certain places, esecially after the sun goes down. I wish I could carry. But I can't.

and TWO:
    With the "new economy", and the government stressing that many Americans SHOULD go back to school and get "retrained" for the new jobs in the coming "green economy", we're going to be seeing a LOT more older folks coming back to school. In fact, there seems to be a move to ACTIVELY PUSH older people to return to school. With the corporate-backed and government-sanctioned dismantling our industrial base over the last 20 years, there are LOTS of people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s who are going to need retrained. People who have families to support. People who are law-abiding, tax paying, upstanding members of society. People who are taking night classes and walking around campuses (and on the fringes of campuses) and would like to get to their car and safely back home to their loving families. And in MANY states, these hard-working, motivated, devoted family members are DENIED their right to carry, because their desire to further themselves (or simply to remain employable in a radically changing economy!) requires them to leave their firearms at home...

I'm one of these people. I'm not some fresh-faced 21 year old. I'm 40-freaking-4 years old. I've seen a LOT of stuff in my life. I've had a fair amount of training in the use of my firearm. I know the law pretty well (better than most cops in this state, it would appear). I have a keen grasp of Situational Awareness, and can perform well under stress (I've taken several "tactical" training courses from the likes of H&K in Chantilly VA).

I think it sucks that I can't carry when I go to school. Not because I think I need it when I'm in the printmaking labs, or in a lecture class, but for those times when I'm moving across campus after-hours. I'm a grad student who is taking mostly "independent study" type classes,and so my schedule is pretty much "whatever it takes" to get a given project done. But even though I have a CHP, and a truckload of training and experience, I can't carry (or even have a firearm in my vehicle) when I'm on campus. And there are dozens more like me on this one campus alone--probably several hundred (or even a few thousand) "older" students state-wide in the North Carolina University System who are trying to further themselves through advanced degrees, and are well-trained and knowledgeable in firearms use, but the law prevents us from defending ourselves while on campus...

I'll be working VERY closely with the local SCCC group next semester, lending my skills in design, printing, and marketing, to hopefully bring the level of awareness up a few notches. I'm hoping to raise the consciousness of the female population of NC colleges, and appeal to the "older students" to work toward getting this "school ban" lifted. I'll be posting pics of the posters, flyers, and cards we're planniing for next year as they come out. Hopefully, some other folks can use my work to further the cause in other states.

Law-abiding adults should not be forced into statutory helplessness.

Self defense is a CIVIL right...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

You don't make people, including kids, more responsible by taking responsibilities away.

College age students are perfectly old enough to be armed. If they are not responsible enough, it is because they have not developed enough responsibility. For better or worse, they won't develop it by being denied it into perpetuity, and they won't gain it automatically upon attaining some level of age-induced magical "maturity".

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    You don't make people, including kids, more responsible by taking responsibilities away.

College age students are perfectly old enough to be armed. If they are not responsible enough, it is because they have not developed enough responsibility. For better or worse, they won't develop it by being denied it into perpetuity, and they won't gain it automatically upon attaining some level of age-induced magical "maturity".
    I agree 100%.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Very true, marshaul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast