• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to beef a cop.

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I suspect most of his post was a said in a humerus manner....
As the saying goes, it's always fun until somebody gets an eye put out.

The "thug life" attitude prevails in departments like the Chicago PD, where just last week, a detective, drunk out of his mind, killed a couple of people in a fiery car wreck. Needless to say, he's got a history of DUIs, including hitting a police car and seriously injuring a couple of cops. Not surprisingly, you can see other Chicago cops leaping to his defense, and to condemn measures to combat DUI by other cops.

Bad attitude, bad cop. It's pretty much a law of nature.
The same as all people with gun are dangerous.

Law of averages.
Please tell me how LAWFULLY owning a firearm indicates a sense of entitlement and placement above the law... in contrast to skating on a SERIES of DUIs, then finally killing a couple of people... and then being supported by other cops after you do.

And are you saying that a bad attitude toward obeying the law is NOT a warning sign of bad behavior?

Take all of the space you need.

LEO 229

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

The "thug life" attitude prevails in departments like the Chicago PD, where just last week, a detective, drunk out of his mind, killed a couple of people in a fiery car wreck. Needless to say, he's got a history of DUIs, including hitting a police car and seriously injuring a couple of cops. Not surprisingly, you can see other Chicago cops leaping to his defense, and to condemn measures to combat DUI by other cops.

Law of averages.
Please tell me how LAWFULLY owning a firearm indicates a sense of entitlement and placement above the law... in contrast to skating on a SERIES of DUIs, then finally killing a couple of people... and then being supported by other cops after you do.

And are you saying that a bad attitude toward obeying the law is NOT a warning sign of bad behavior?

Some members are easily baited.....

I got a live one on the hook!!!! :lol:

grumpycoconut

imported post

If I make a cop related "thug life" joke here in the Californicate Republic most folk's first assumption is that I'm makinga joke.

Thank the miscelaneous and sundry imaginary deities that I live on the left coast. Sure we may have out little bits of corruption (Rafael Perez, Oakland Riders, occasional stand alone dirty cops) but we have nothing to equal Chicago PD, New Orleans PD, NYPD, etc. It makes me happy that eastern folks tend to stay eastern. At least our fruit, nut and flake culture here seems less amenable to what strikes me as a top to bottomrotten governmental culture. Even when our higher level officials do dirty they do it for such paltry sums that it's more amusing than embarrasing (Sheriff Carona).

OOOhhh Neat! Have you guys noticed how easy and fun it is to make sweeping generalizations comparedto dealing in specifics? Either way, you all can keep your east of the Mississippi stuff to yourselves thank you very much.

Deanimator

imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
If I make a cop related "thug life" joke here in the Californicate Republic most folk's first assumption is that I'm makinga joke.

Thank the miscelaneous and sundry imaginary deities that I live on the left coast. Sure we may have out little bits of corruption (Rafael Perez, Oakland Riders, occasional stand alone dirty cops) but we have nothing to equal Chicago PD, New Orleans PD, NYPD, etc. It makes me happy that eastern folks tend to stay eastern. At least our fruit, nut and flake culture here seems less amenable to what strikes me as a top to bottomrotten governmental culture. Even when our higher level officials do dirty they do it for such paltry sums that it's more amusing than embarrasing (Sheriff Carona).

OOOhhh Neat! Have you guys noticed how easy and fun it is to make sweeping generalizations comparedto dealing in specifics? Either way, you all can keep your east of the Mississippi stuff to yourselves thank you very much.
The NYPD's problem is not so much endemic corruption, but a chronic lack of judgement and a propensity for creating its own problems. The shootings of Amadou Diallo and the guy at the bachelor party weren't acts of corruption. They were acts of poor planning and the absence of common sense. They're bad, but nowhere near as bad as institutionalized torture, home invasion robberies and beating the crap out of women. The former indicate a lack of proper training. The latter indicate a lack of discipline and basic human decency.

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Law of averages.

That's a rather banal way of saying you have no plausible response. Hardly unexpected though.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Law of averages.

That's a rather banal way of saying you have no plausible response. Hardly unexpected though.
Jesus H. Christ on a cracker you're dense. May I cut off a chunk in the name of science?

LEO 229

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Aran wrote:
Jesus H. Christ on a cracker you're dense. May I cut off a chunk in the name of science?
Shouldn't you be trying to [unsuccessfully] bully a woman somewhere?

He is.... :lol:

Man are you bull headed.... You have no idea what humor is, do you??!!

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Aran wrote:

I do... I've just never seen you use any.

LEO 229

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Aran wrote:

I do... I've just never seen you use any.
I am no Jerry Seinfield.... But it is there if your mind is not too clouded with hatred.

:p

grumpycoconut

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
The NYPD's problem is not so much endemic corruption, but a chronic lack of judgement and a propensity for creating its own problems.  The shootings of Amadou Diallo and the guy at the bachelor party weren't acts of corruption.  They were acts of poor planning and the absence of common sense.  They're bad, but nowhere near as bad as institutionalized torture, home invasion robberies and beating the crap out of women.  The former indicate a lack of proper training.  The latter indicate a lack of discipline and basic human decency.

Bad planning, training, using of resources, absence of common sense in the police field are symptoms of systemic problems. NYPD has what? 40,000 cops. How many are real working street cops and dicks? How many are drivers for bosses (sgt. on up), clerks, political cronies, etc. LAPD in contrast polices close to the same population with 9000 cops. Support services are provided by non-sworn staff and only the chief might have a full time driver. regardless of size bad performance on the street is a result of poor performance from above and a general civic culture that permits that performance at all levels.

There's a reason old school organized crime stayed in Vegas rather than pitching its tent in SoCal in the 30s 40s and 50s. The citizens told LAPD to break east coast gangster skulls and send them home. They wanted to leave behind the crap they went west to get away from.

Its been said before. People get the government/culture they deserve.

LEO 229

imported post

Let me see... I think I said this once.

If 1/2 of 1% of any group is bad...... law of averages...

2,000 cops in the NYPD may not be the greatest people.

You can weed out the bad ones as far as you can but we all know a very small percent will make it through. No matter how much checking you do.... people can hide bad traits during an interview.

No law enforcement agency wants to hire people who are bad. Except for DC allegedly back in the 90s when they took anyone breathing. Just like any job out there... You are going to eventually hire someone bad.

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Let me see... I think I said this once.

If 1/2 of 1% of any group is bad...... law of averages...

2,000 cops in the NYPD may not be the greatest people.

You can weed out the bad ones as far as you can but we all know a very small percent will make it through. No matter how much checking you do.... people can hide bad traits during an interview.

No law enforcement agency wants to hire people who are bad. Except for DC allegedly back in the 90s when they took anyone breathing. Just like any job out there... You are going to eventually hire someone bad.
The Chicago cop who just killed a couple of people while driving drunk didn't seem to work too hard to hide his traits. In fact, he had them enough on display to hurt a couple of other cops in a previous drunk driving incident. What that shows is that you can allow enough bad cops in to achieve a critical mass of corruption that allows bad cops to hire and promote other bad cops who in turn hire and promote bad cops. Once you let the system get out of control, it's virtually impossible to get it back under control. It's like gangrene. You'd better cut off the toe before you lose the leg.

LEO 229

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
The Chicago cop who just killed a couple of people while driving drunk didn't seem to work too hard to hide his traits. In fact, he had them enough on display to hurt a couple of other cops in a previous drunk driving incident. What that shows is that you can allow enough bad cops in to achieve a critical mass of corruption that allows bad cops to hire and promote other bad cops who in turn hire and promote bad cops. Once you let the system get out of control, it's virtually impossible to get it back under control. It's like gangrene. You'd better cut off the toe before you lose the leg.
So what ever happened to the cop after the second DWI?

What does a first DWI have to do with mass corruption? I guess all the citizens who got a DWI are participating in a mass corruption of the system too. We better cut them all off and replace them with new people.

All citizens of the US that have had ONE DWI are hereby FIRED!!! We are not going to let you make that mistake again! Get out of my country! We are NOT going to give you a second chance. One mistake is too much.

We trusted you as citizens of this fine country and you let us down. Human or not.. you cannot ever be trusted again. We will assume you will do it again. Give me your license!! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
:lol:

One Chicago cop allegedly got popped for a DWI and he did it again but this time he killed someone. Because the department possibly gave him a second chance, he has single handily caused mass corruption to spread throughout the Chicago Police Department.

I will be honest with you.... cops do make mistakes. Big ones.. and little ones. They are human we ALL makes mistakes. No matter how good we want to be.

Departments strive to hire only the best people from the pool of applications. They WANT someone that is 100% perfect. But there are not that many submitting an application.

If you start to fire each and every cop that made a mistake... you would have a high turnover. Let's say we go with zero tolerance. We simply FIRE any cop that makes a mistake... no matter what it is.

It is going to take 1.5 years to recruit, hire, and train the new cop. And guess what....??!! Now you have a guy with less experience who can make the same mistake as the guy you fired! :lol:

Certainly, there are many things that can happen that a cop should be fired for. But it is limited to gross negligence and things done on purpose. IMO.... DWI is not one of them.

Now then, if you DO drive drunk and run people over.. I would expect you to resign.

LEO 229

imported post

BTW: Did you know ??

http://www.police-dynamics.com/divorce.html

[align=left] Depending on the study: [/align] [align=left] our divorce rate is 60-70% higher than the national average [/align] [align=left] our alcoholism rate is 2 times the national average [/align] [align=left] our domestic violence rate is among the highest of all professions [/align] [align=left] our suicide rate is 3 times the national average.
[/align] [align=left]"We have a human tendency to resist those that are in power over us, to view them as being oppressive in nature, something to be avoided. Just one more person trying to rule our lives and keep us from doing what we want to do.[/align] [align=left]This is an incorrect view. Authorities are not designed to be oppressive in nature. They are designed to be protective in nature"[/align] [align=left]
[/align]

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
What an incredibly stupid statement from CLEO! Suffice it to say that I am not interested in 'protection' by the tyrant's dentures but from the tyrant. FOAD CLEO.

LEO 229 wrote:
Authorities are not designed to be oppressive in nature. They are designed to be protective in nature"
You clod!!!

That quote was from the website!!

You are a jackass! :lol:

Take note of the " "

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
So what ever happened to the cop after the second DWI?

What does a first DWI have to do with mass corruption? I guess all the citizens who got a DWI are participating in a mass corruption of the system too. We better cut them all off and replace them with new people.

All citizens of the US that have had ONE DWI are hereby FIRED!!! We are not going to let you make that mistake again! Get out of my country! We are NOT going to give you a second chance. One mistake is too much.

We trusted you as citizens of this fine country and you let us down. Human or not.. you cannot ever be trusted again. We will assume you will do it again. Give me your license!! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
:lol:

One Chicago cop allegedly got popped for a DWI and he did it again but this time he killed someone. Because the department possibly gave him a second chance, he has single handily caused mass corruption to spread throughout the Chicago Police Department.

I will be honest with you.... cops do make mistakes. Big ones.. and little ones. They are human we ALL makes mistakes. No matter how good we want to be.

Departments strive to hire only the best people from the pool of applications. They WANT someone that is 100% perfect. But there are not that many submitting an application.

If you start to fire each and every cop that made a mistake... you would have a high turnover. Let's say we go with zero tolerance. We simply FIRE any cop that makes a mistake... no matter what it is.

It is going to take 1.5 years to recruit, hire, and train the new cop. And guess what....??!! Now you have a guy with less experience who can make the same mistake as the guy you fired! :lol:

Certainly, there are many things that can happen that a cop should be fired for. But it is limited to gross negligence and things done on purpose. IMO.... DWI is not one of them.

Now then, if you DO drive drunk and run people over.. I would expect you to resign.
What kind of "second chance" would a citizen get if he drove drunk, ran into a police car and seriously injured two cops? That of course wasn't his only alcohol fueled misadventure before burning a couple of people to death. How do you propose to give the deceased a "second chance"? Was Detective Frugoli's undeservedly prolonged career worth a couple of lives?

Virtually EVERY officer of the CPD involved in a high profile misconduct incident had a "history". In virtually every instance, somebody exerted "clout" to get them out of their self-created jam.

But hey, you're free to advocate a two tier system of justice for police and everybody else. Everyone else is entitled to draw the appropriate conclusions about at least some cops. And there's nothing in the world you can do about it.