Thread: Is There A Formal Organization For OpenCarry.Org?

Post imported post

Hello:

I have been lurking in the forums for a little while and looking over the OpenCarry.Org website to see if I can find any formal organization for the group.Thus far I have been unable to do so. It seems that the Washington State forum is the most popular so I thought I would post here (also I live in WA).

Are there organized meetings for OpenCarry.Org in Washington and does the group hold organized activities to promote our 2nd Amendment rights and the benefits of having armed law abiding citizens in our society?

I would be interested in participating.

Post imported post

No, there is no formal organization. Yes, get togethers are planned and held frequently.

Let us know where you are by updating your location in your profile, so we can send you in the right direction.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

I updated my profile... Would be interested in hearing about any activities and/or get togethers...

Thanks...

Post imported post

The guys in the Bellinham area are pretty active. There are also several in your general area as well. I'm sure that before the day is out you will see posts from some of them.

Welcome to OCDO!!! AND to open carry in general.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Welcome Idlechater,

There are quite a few OCDO'ers up here in Snohomish county, mostly in Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Everett.

We used to hold lunch/dinner get-togethers on the third Saturday or Sunday of the month, but that fell by the wayside a little bit ago likely due to the economy and people getting busy with life.

I'm hoping to chat with some of the other members and maybe get 'em going again, especially with all the nice weather coming back. *crosses fingers*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Indeed, since the weather is getting nicer, we should most definitely start having the monthly lunches again. Time to have a couple BBQs as well. We usually will alternate between the north and south sound area and try to target "trouble spots" where OCers have been harassed.

Post imported post

I think a picnic at Kayak point county park is in order.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO Idlechater!

There are several get togethers, both formal and informal that happen all time time.

Trash pickups on the Adopt a Highway thread is an example of a formal one. ODCO members get together for a meal in twos and threes quite often from what I have read from other threads, and we have an all hands invite to a BBQ or picknik every few months.

Do you happen to frequent a range in Snohomish County?

Post imported post

+1 for a meet at Kayak Point.

Post imported post

There are a couple ranges that my boys and I frequent...

We used to be very active at the Kenmore range... I started the First Steps Shotgun classes up there and also taught Rifle as well as Hunter Safety... We moved and now have been hitting the Granite Falls club for shotgun... As for pistol shooting, we have started going to Sam's Guns over on airport way...

Post imported post

Idlechater wrote:
    There are a couple ranges that my boys and I frequent...

We used to be very active at the Kenmore range... I started the First Steps Shotgun classes up there and also taught Rifle as well as Hunter Safety... We moved and now have been hitting the Granite Falls club for shotgun... As for pistol shooting, we have started going to Sam's Guns over on airport way...
    You should try NorPoint on 172nd in Arlington. They are a little more relaxed than Sam's and, in my opinion, the staff is on the more personable side of the fence. But that is just me.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Joe:

We will do that... I have heard of/driven by Norpoint, but never stopped...

Thanks.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome aboard Idlechater. Heresolong mentioned having another meet in May up here inBellinghambut I haven't heard anything concrete yet. Do you still teach classes might be good for my son and stepson to take some.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Sudden:

I continue to teach Hunter Education... Havea class in May at the Lynnwood Recreation Center... Contact them to register... I am not currently teaching any shotgun or rifle classes, but they are taught monthly at the Kenmore Range... Contact the range to register...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I'll have to keep that in mind. I never hunted, outside of rabbits and coyotes. But would be good to see if my kids are interested.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Sudden:

The class is all about safety... No better place for them to learn how to handle a firearm safely, whether they go hunting or not... I highly recommend that they take it... If you want to get them into pistol shooting, then I recommend the NRA Basic Pistol class taught at Kenmore... Hunter safety focuses more on long-arms given the hunting perspective....

Post imported post

Idlechater wrote:
    Sudden:

I continue to teach Hunter Education... Havea class in May at the Lynnwood Recreation Center... Contact them to register... I am not currently teaching any shotgun or rifle classes, but they are taught monthly at the Kenmore Range... Contact the range to register...
    Idlechater, I'll have to register for that. Been meaning to do so, but never got around to it due to school obligations.

Fortunately, that's about a 10 minute drive from my house.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I will look forward to meeting you in person... Be sure and let me know who you are...