Thread: Name that mystery OC'er

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...29838#30229838

They zoom right in on the gun, but no one comments on it! Hard to believe.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:

Hey I know that guy, that's kinberguy he was interviewed by a local station as well. We had about 10-15 OCers there. We handed out over 100 brochures.

It was funny, there was a gentlemanthat saw us OCingand went to the state trooper nearby and asked if it was legal. The trooper directed him over to us and said ask them, pointing to our group by the MOC banner, they have all the info you need. So that was neat.

Lots of troopers and no interaction. Skip Coryell was there and we talked about the 2nd Amd. March. After, Skip and I and a couple of other OCers went to lunch downtown all OCing and had no problems, other than all the restaurants were packed and we had to wait a bit. Good littleboom for the downtown businesses.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

very cool. i don't remember if i've met kimberguy or not. sounds like a good time was had by all. any firearm related confrontations to report?

Post imported post

Nice going guys!

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gunpeople uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Very cool! Good work everybody! I'm sorry I wasn't there, I wanted to be, but I couldn't get away from work.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Nice going guys!

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gunpeople uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.
    don't know how uneasy anyone could possibly be seeing that video, though. especially since he was wearing a bowtie. that's pretty non-threatening, haha. you could tell by his demeanor that he was there peacefully.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Nice going guys!

¬*

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gun¬*people uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.
    don't know how uneasy anyone could possibly be seeing that video, though.¬* especially since he was wearing a bowtie.¬* that's pretty non-threatening, haha.¬* you could tell by his demeanor that he was there peacefully.
    Think about who you're talking about. The people that would feel uneasy about that shot tend to think a gun sitting by itself on a coffee table is terrifying.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

very cool. i don't remember if i've met kimberguy or not. sounds like a good time was had by all. any firearm related confrontations to report?
    He is a cool guy and works hard for gun rights. He was the guy that got jacked up in Jackson a while back. The police handcuffed him etc... He's also an Iraq vet and may be going back.

No problems with OC that any of us were aware of. They were so many people there that many didn't notice, I'm sure the troopers did, but they know it's legal.

It was very fun. It was good to see so many people there. I hope we get a good crowd when we do the 2nd Amd. March next year.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I just talked to my mom on the phone, and it turns out she had to go to a meeting in Lansing today and saw you guys. I love it when we're out there enough to where people I know see us and tell me about it.

:celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

NICE! National news! Yeah Kimberguy! :celebrate

Post imported post

If you were to mute the volume to msnbc it would have looked like good americans doing their patriotic duties but there was nothing but lies coming out of their mouths! I hoped people watching would read the signs so they could at least get some truth out of those news casts!Their deciet was biblical in proportion!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

That is me!!!:celebrateWOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I knew that bow tie would be useful! I had an interview, but I don't think they liked what I had to say... And I can't believe no one on mentioned the pistol!

Too cool!

wait, now everyone knows who I am.... blast!

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Nice going guys!

the local interview showed the exact same clip. didn't air a single word I said.

Post imported post

OOOOhhh, nithtmare flashback....my mom made me wear a bowtie very similar to that on Easter Sunday, 1961....with a PINK shirt! I don't wear them any more. Sorry I couldn't make it, another family crisis. Glad you all had a good time.

Brian: Michigan over Stetson....that's just wrong. :X

Post imported post

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

I would guess that msnbc didn't see anything wrong with a citizen wearing a gun openly. Otherwise they would have said something.

As far as the public is concerned, they saw it on TV & nobody said anything, how could it be wrong or bad?

No news flash about anybody being shot.

Guess that gun must be defective, it didn't kill anybody....yet.

Post imported post

Leader wrote:

I would guess that msnbc didn't see anything wrong with a citizen wearing a gun openly. Otherwise they would have said something.

As far as the public is concerned, they saw it on TV & nobody said anything, how could it be wrong or bad?

No news flash about anybody being shot.

Guess that gun must be defective, it didn't kill anybody....yet.
    Simply put, it does not fit their description of an "Assault Weapon" or "Evil Black Gun." :?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    where did you get that picture Doug???

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Spy's....

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Spy's....
    yeah, that does looks like some kind of picture you would see taken for a profile picture, to keep filed away in some gov't vault.

Post imported post

I was at the Lansing Tea Party but it was before I was in the know about OC. I did carry concealed tho. I wish I woulda knew about OC at the time cause I would have definatly had mine on my hip instead of inside the waistband. I remember noticing some guy with a bowtie open carrying but I didn't think too much about it at the time. I figured he was a detective or something. LOL. Now I realize it was Kimberguy.

Post imported post

I went back and found a picture of the open carry banner I took.

Post imported post

especially since he was wearing a bowtie. that's pretty non-threatening, haha. you could tell by his demeanor that he was there peacefully.
    Haven't you ever heard of the Bow Tie Killer?