• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Name that mystery OC'er

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30229838#30229838

They zoom right in on the gun, but no one comments on it! Hard to believe.

Hey I know that guy, that's kinberguy he was interviewed by a local station as well. We had about 10-15 OCers there. We handed out over 100 brochures.

It was funny, there was a gentlemanthat saw us OCingand went to the state trooper nearby and asked if it was legal. The trooper directed him over to us and said ask them, pointing to our group by the MOC banner, they have all the info you need. So that was neat.

Lots of troopers and no interaction. Skip Coryell was there and we talked about the 2nd Amd. March. After, Skip and I and a couple of other OCers went to lunch downtown all OCing and had no problems, other than all the restaurants were packed and we had to wait a bit. Good littleboom for the downtown businesses.

Michigander

imported post

Nice going guys!

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gunpeople uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Nice going guys!

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gunpeople uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.
don't know how uneasy anyone could possibly be seeing that video, though. especially since he was wearing a bowtie. that's pretty non-threatening, haha. you could tell by his demeanor that he was there peacefully.

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Nice going guys!

I wish I could have been there. NBC, as far as I can tell, showed kimberguy to make non gun people uneasy, because if they were trying to do anything else, they would have spent 4-6 seconds to explain open carrying. But I suppose it doesn't matter, because if there was a local interview, and 100 brochures passed out, that's what counts.
don't know how uneasy anyone could possibly be seeing that video, though.  especially since he was wearing a bowtie.  that's pretty non-threatening, haha.  you could tell by his demeanor that he was there peacefully.

Think about who you're talking about. The people that would feel uneasy about that shot tend to think a gun sitting by itself on a coffee table is terrifying.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

very cool. i don't remember if i've met kimberguy or not. sounds like a good time was had by all. any firearm related confrontations to report?

He is a cool guy and works hard for gun rights. He was the guy that got jacked up in Jackson a while back. The police handcuffed him etc... He's also an Iraq vet and may be going back.

No problems with OC that any of us were aware of. They were so many people there that many didn't notice, I'm sure the troopers did, but they know it's legal.

It was very fun. It was good to see so many people there. I hope we get a good crowd when we do the 2nd Amd. March next year.

Michigander

imported post

I just talked to my mom on the phone, and it turns out she had to go to a meeting in Lansing today and saw you guys. I love it when we're out there enough to where people I know see us and tell me about it.

:celebrate

Haman J.T.

imported post

If you were to mute the volume to msnbc it would have looked like good americans doing their patriotic duties but there was nothing but lies coming out of their mouths! I hoped people watching would read the signs so they could at least get some truth out of those news casts!Their deciet was biblical in proportion!

Kimberguy

imported post

That is me!!!:celebrateWOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I knew that bow tie would be useful! I had an interview, but I don't think they liked what I had to say... And I can't believe no one on mentioned the pistol!

Too cool!:monkey

wait, now everyone knows who I am.... blast!

Kimberguy

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Nice going guys!

the local interview showed the exact same clip. didn't air a single word I said.

WARCHILD

imported post

OOOOhhh, nithtmare flashback....my mom made me wear a bowtie very similar to that on Easter Sunday, 1961....with a PINK shirt! I don't wear them any more. Sorry I couldn't make it, another family crisis. Glad you all had a good time.

Brian: Michigan over Stetson....that's just wrong. :uhoh: :X

LaVere

imported post

Some photos of the Lansing event

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glavere/sets/72157616734232987/

3446065300_fedd9f9be2.jpg

Leader

imported post

I would guess that msnbc didn't see anything wrong with a citizen wearing a gun openly. Otherwise they would have said something.

As far as the public is concerned, they saw it on TV & nobody said anything, how could it be wrong or bad?

No news flash about anybody being shot.

Guess that gun must be defective, it didn't kill anybody....yet.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Leader wrote:

I would guess that msnbc didn't see anything wrong with a citizen wearing a gun openly. Otherwise they would have said something.

As far as the public is concerned, they saw it on TV & nobody said anything, how could it be wrong or bad?

No news flash about anybody being shot.

Guess that gun must be defective, it didn't kill anybody....yet.
Simply put, it does not fit their description of an "Assault Weapon" or "Evil Black Gun." :?