Thread: Tea Party in Grand Rapids

Post imported post

made the tea party in GR today, about 3-500 people(best estimate). was totally unprepared and ran out of flyers(only printed 40) almost as soon as I started handing them out. (only gave them to people that asked:-) couldn't walk five feet without having to stop and converse with someone who couldn't believe that "that's legal!!!!)
    all in all a great party. no bad interactions, although one woman was a little iffy, until she found out I wasn't with acorn trying to cause trouble. :-)

Post imported post

Excellent. It sounds like the Tea Party may have been a GREAT promotion for us, as much as I hope we didn't really take away from the main cause (which I'm sure it didn't).

Post imported post

I know the guys that organized the one in GR, don't know exactly who was behind each and every other one, but here it was the guys at Campaign For Liberty working through the GOP.
    the protests weren't just about taxes, they're about the government(state and fed) overreaching their authority, and telling them to sit down and shut up. taxes are just the part that unifies the gun guys, the abortion guys, the creationists etc......