• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonderful OC Pizzeria Uno Kingstowne

ODA 226

imported post

I'm glad you had a good OC experience, but personally, I don't ask the management their views on OC unless it is necessary. It gives them time to "think". Remember, it is easier to get forgiveness than permission...;)

Jonesy

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I'm glad you had a good OC experience, but personally, I don't ask the management their views on OC unless it is necessary. It gives them time to "think". Remember, it is easier to get forgiveness than permission...;)
I hear what you are saying, but the manager was of the opinion that it was illegal, and now seems like he is willing to accept or even welcome oc'ing. :lol: I will be going back there, I give business to those who are supportive.

CajunRebel

imported post

Beenin UNO's restaurant and didn't have hassle but I agree, very risky purposely drawing attention. The Walmart ammo stock is dismal. Mgr told me, per Federal, no morecertain types of Federal ammo, i.e., 510, 20ga, and something else. Would really like to get several bricks of 510. Been checking Burke, Manassas, Fair Lakes, etc. No luck.

eyesopened

imported post

I've OC in that same Unos and no one said a word about it. I too don't bring it up. Why should I draw attention to something that's legal.

"Hey I'm walking in a crosswalk!"

"Look at me, I'm driving the speed limit!"

:lol:

Spectre

imported post

I'm happy for your experience, but I get the feeling that you were asking for trouble.

Purposefully asking people the questions you did, blatantly showing off, and talking to management like you did causes headaches.

I completely advocate OC'ing, but I never make mention of the fact when I carry. I just go about my normal life, and only speak of my gun when asked. I never go looking for strangers to proclaim "Hey look at me! I'm carrying a gun in your establishment."

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Spectre wrote:
I completely advocate OC'ing, but I never make mention of the fact when I carry. I just go about my normal life, and only speak of my gun when asked. I never go looking for strangers to proclaim "Hey look at me! I'm carrying a gun in your establishment."
I am the same way. If they have an issue with it, then they will confront you.

abbkab

imported post

Spectre wrote:
I'm happy for your experience, but I get the feeling that you were asking for trouble.

Purposefully asking people the questions you did, blatantly showing off, and talking to management like you did causes headaches.

Not to pile on, but I have to completely agree with Spectre on this. I have lived within walking distance of this restaurant since it was built and have OC'ed in it many time with no issues at all. This could also be due to the fact that I spent 8 years as a United States Marine, serving in various Security Forces companies where a sidearm was part of my daily uniform. Because of this experience I am completely comfortable and at ease with carrying a pistol in my civilian life and am quite content to get through my daily routine without someone obviously noting the fact that I am carrying.

Let's please show a little more discretion when OC'ing; at least in my neighborhood. :D

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Spectre wrote:
+1

nova

imported post

Spectre wrote:
I got the same impression.

SEABEE-94

imported post

YES, why would you ask someone that, anyone OC,ing should just go about his or her business, do not draw attention, be polite. if someone asks you then and only then should you discuss OC. Me , personaly, I act like I do not even have a sidearm. Be careful that might fall under "brandishing"

nova

imported post

Jonesy wrote:
OK, well I am new at this and apparently have much to learn. See ya all some other time.
Well at least we know they're OC friendly, so no damage done ;)

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Jonesy,

Continue to OC in Kingstown. I am sure you had good intentions, but, you used bad judgement (in my humble opinion).I have only had one bad experience and that was after I had OCed over 30 times in the Kingstown 16 (see my post).Other than that, I have had great experiences OCing in KFC/Taco Bell and just recently in Chipotle (while with my 13 year old daughter). I will go to Uno's (since I am from the Chi) to support the cause and get some pizza. The more that we all OC in Kingstown, the more it will be accepted (IMHO). Keep up the good work!!

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1787!!:X

SEABEE-94

imported post

We have a "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL POLICY." NEVER ask if it is OK or for permission to carry anywhere. Don't make an issue of the fact you are carrying. Don't cause problems for future patrons, or even for yourself. The point is, you want to have your defensive tool with you. No one needs to know. Don't make a big deal out of it. Try to be low key. KNOW THE LAW IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARRY OPENLY. PLEASE, don't cause problems that you will then expect others, or us to correct. Thank you. Jonesey,just be careful this is from the VCDL site