• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just checking in

Abock33

imported post

Just saying hey from NKY. I've been a ccw'er for a bit and been looking into carrying openly more. Right now I can't bring my self to do it except for when I'm working in the yard or on my vehicles. Basically I haven't left my property. How did you guys get pass this?

chris in va

imported post

Welcome!

It really helps to open carry with someone else. My first foray was with the VCDL memebers in VA when I lived there. They would have OC dinners at local restaurants, and I could get a feel for the various people's reactions and not feel so 'spotlighted' as if I was solo.

I understand there are dinners here in KY as well, might want to look into that.