• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Tea Party

j2l3

imported post

Now, can there be any doubt the Seattle PD will NOT bother us? They spoke with DEROS72 and commended his OC and ignored him AND grishnav the rest of the event.

sirpuma

imported post

Cool. I wanted to go to a local one, but I have a shop to build and lots to do here before I can really get back to business. Besides, the organizer from Gig Harbor didn't reply to my email. :cuss:

grishnav

imported post

I did, however, have a homeless-looking counter-protester threaten to beat the crap out of me, steal my gun, and shoot up the crowd. Nice guy, him. :(

I'll cut together the footage in the next few days (or weeks?) and post it up. I might just do a quick and dirty cut of the harassment part for your entertainment. ;)

j2l3

imported post

It was good meeting you today and hate to see that you were hasseled by anyone. Glad it was a street person rather than the SPD.

I am looking forward to your video. Since you work downtown, we should grab a coffee sometime.

DEROS72

imported post

Notice how the police are not bothering me.I should send that to KING 5.

DEROS72

imported post

That would be awsome.....Also did you notice that no cars were set on fire,no windows smashed etc.These were real folk.There were many I talked to in the crowd that were CC.Didn,t know OC was legal.Fortunatly I remebered to bring some of our pamphlets.There was one little 3 year old girl there with a sign that said. I can't read the spending bill yet.What was your excuse.?Just cute as it gets.

Also ask grinav about the anti that threatened to take his gun and shoot up the crowd to make us look bad.He was also there OC.He got all thet anti encounter on tape.....Personally I would have reported that to one of the cops there.

knight_308

imported post

Awesome pic DEROS. I was there too, OCing, but I didn't see anyone else. I gave out a few pamphlets to interested folks, though. Walked right past the cops with my strong side toward them and they didn't say anything.

If you recall when the one speaker (Paris, I think his name was. The theme of his speech was "I can see clearly now") was talking about the weak candidates the Republicans were running, I was the one who yelled "John McCain!".

Not OC related, but my favorite sign:

img1304c.jpg

compmanio365

imported post

I would have liked to have been there, but work is touch and go at this point as it is, last thing I needed to do is skip out yesterday.

I would really like to see that video of the guy who apparently blew his stack......nice folks in the area.

compmanio365

imported post

grishnav wrote:
I did, however, have a homeless-looking counter-protester threaten to beat the crap out of me, steal my gun, and shoot up the crowd. Nice guy, him. :(

I'll cut together the footage in the next few days (or weeks?) and post it up. I might just do a quick and dirty cut of the harassment part for your entertainment. ;)
He must be angry that you were speaking out against the forced redistribution of wealth that he's going to rely on to "move on up" in the world.......like I'm supposed to pay so the crackheads just like this one can live without having to work.

just_a_car

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Also ask grinav about the anti that threatened to take his gun and shoot up the crowd to make us look bad.He was also there OC.He got all thet anti encounter on tape.....Personally I would have reported that to one of the cops there.
Yup, me too... especially since it's a Class C Felony, as I pointed out above.

DEROS72

imported post

The few there thet were feebly speaking against us were the ones like you said would actually have to get a job and be responsible for themselves...

love the Barney Franks sign

compmanio365

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
The few there thet were feebly speaking against us were the ones like you said would actually have to get a job and be responsible for themselves...

"Hey man.....just chill out and realize that, like, Obama is gonna, like, help us all break free of the maaaan, and, like, make everything better......get rid of all the eeevil companies that just, like, ruin people's lives, and stuff. What are you doing out here speaking against that, you must be a hater, man......and you even carry a gun.....you gotta be evil, just like the pooolice, dude. I'm a peaceful person, and I don't like guns, so you better just get out of here, before I take your gun and shoot you with it, man, cause you know, I'm big on peace, bro." :quirky

grishnav

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

"Hey man.....just chill out and realize that, like, Obama is gonna, like, help us all break free of the maaaan, and, like, make everything better......get rid of all the eeevil companies that just, like, ruin people's lives, and stuff. What are you doing out here speaking against that, you must be a hater, man......and you even carry a gun.....you gotta be evil, just like the pooolice, dude. I'm a peaceful person, and I don't like guns, so you better just get out of here, before I take your gun and shoot you with it, man, cause you know, I'm big on peace, bro." :quirky
Hey man, you sound like you got a good head on your shoulders. You should help me in my efforts to ban DHMO. :quirky

grishnav

imported post

So, uh, I can't find my video editing software, Windows Movie Maker won't import my camera's files without conversion, and Jahshaka just isn't ready yet... So I'm a bit stuck. I'll either have to buy something or pirate Premiere. Either way, I'll figure it out soon.