• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton gun show?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Who's going? I am thinking about going and browsing. I am just deciding whether or not I really want to fight through the "obama scare" crowd.:banghead:

EDIT: I know I spelled Hampton wrong :?

6L6GC

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Who's going? I am thinking about going and browsing. I am just deciding whether or not I really want to fight through the "obama scare" crowd.:banghead:

EDIT: I know I spelled Hampton wrong :?

since I operate the VCDL table at every Hammpton show I'll be there too. I'd go anyway, just because. Haven't decided which gun to carry this time. I'll bring cash for reloading supplies. Can't have too many supplies. I like open carrying there. Well heck, I like open carrying anywhere!! I also like misspelling Hamppton.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Nope!

Lots of reasons. I have turnips to plant.

It's always crowded there

I can't decide between a 1911 Springfield or a Weatherby Vanguard (neither of which will be a good deal there)
:banghead:

denwego

imported post

The wife and I will be there tomorrow. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but if there's a good price on a '73 Winchester in .45LC, or some good grips/holsters, it's worth the trip. I'll poke my head in at the VCDL booth as well!

Joed757

imported post

First time I've been to a gun show on Sat. Got there around 10:15 felt good because it was no real line for tickets. Got inside and it was crazy. I went thinking to buy .45 ammo and get my brother a bb gun to get him started young.Every BB gun my father asked them about they kept going about power and etc. One realized I was the buyer but my father was the picker so he gave a light discription.When it came to the .45 auto ammo I could not find any. One guy had some selling 20 rounds of hollow points for 14 or 15 dollars however the boxes were all white so I didn't know what exact ammo it was so I decided not to buy.

Pagan

imported post

I got there at 1030 and could not find any 9mm ammo either, georgia arms was out and there was that one guy selling some in white boxes, 21 bucks for 50 rounds, I ask him how it shot, and he tells me he does not shoot the stuff, but has good luck with it? So I passed. Gomy woman some 32 acp for her carry piece from georgia arms though

It was a little busy, but me and my kids' stroller made good progress. The parking on the other hand....

ravonaf

imported post

DrMark wrote:
Anyone know at what age they start charging admission for kids?

If I can make it, I may have my 6-yr-old son with me.
My son is 8 and he got in for free. :)

darthmord

imported post

Went on Saturday afternoon. Saw a few handguns and rifles that fall clearly into the 'nice to have' category but nothing really jumped out and said "Buy Me!".

The ammo (or lack thereof) was deplorable. I've never seen a gun show with so little ammo for sale.