Thread: Owner of Chapel Hills Mall files Bankruptcy

Post imported post

GOOD! They're anti-gun including concealed carry so hope they crash and burn.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/comp...ankruptcy.html

Post imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/comp...ankruptcy.html
    I'm not sure it makes any difference for what you are concerned about:

It also said it will continue operating all of its shopping centers during the bankruptcy process.

The company said shoppers at its malls will not be affected by its decision to file for bankruptcy protection.

"Our restructuring will be invisible to the customers who visit our properties every day," President and Chief Operating Officer Thomas H. Nolan Jr. said during a morning conference call.

Actually, bankruptcy could make them more viable.

Dang, life is complicated. :X

Post imported post

I lived in Fort Carson for a few years, and I am proud to say I never spent any money in that dump!

(probably because I never had any money left after trying to get my name on the wall at Old Chicago )
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Also the same company that owns Park Meadows, Southwest Plaza, Foothills Mall and 200 other malls. I don't think any policies will change.

Post imported post

You can't carry at all in Park Meadows Mall?

Post imported post

I hate going to malls anyway, especially Foothills. Foothills in particular has been dying over the years.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GAMER555 wrote:
    I don't think there is a direct relation between the real estate investor group and the ability to carry. I'd guess that they probably outsource those types of management functions to someone else anyway. I've OC'd there many times.

Post imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/company_51926___article.html/debt_bankruptcy.html
    GGP also owns malls in Arizona, two in Tucson are filling for bankruptcy protection.

As you know GGP is headquartered in Chicago, so yes, our GGP owned malls are posted "no weapons" at major entrances.

Post imported post

centsi wrote:
    GAMER555 wrote:
    I don't think there is a direct relation between the real estate investor group and the ability to carry. I'd guess that they probably outsource those types of management functions to someone else anyway. I've OC'd there many times.
    Actually there was a recent situation here in the Springs where a CCW holder called the manager of Chapel Hills Mall regarding their "no weapons" sign. He asked if that included legally concealed? The manager checked with Chicago HQ and responded that Yes - that includes a prohibition against legally concealed weapons. Hence - "no gun zone"... so yeah, screw em!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Didn't realize that. I won't spend a dime there either. Thanks for the info.

Post imported post

I wonder if there is some way to communicate with the mall owner/administration industry to give it/them some kind of educational presentation about law abiding citizens who carry weapons. You know, why they're beneficial, responsible, needed,cool,etc.

Maybe make some kind of well-prepared gun carrier/owner community outreach effort. I would guess there's some kind of retail/mall management industry group that a formal presentation could be made to. Probably more than one.

These nickel-dime boycott wavings can't be too too effective in my estimation. They probably don't even come up on the mall owning/ mall management industry's radar screens at any strategic level.

Thethreat of a significantly effective gun carriers' boycott is just about nil as far as I can tell.

The malls have what people want. And other big retail operations have what we want. Why on earth would I boycott Wal-Mart, for example? I just bought 600 rounds of ammo there last week. I NEED Wal-Mart.

I avoid malls as much as possible, but I do need to go once in a while. I won't boycott any mall for its excessively cautious policies on carried guns. Not unless it's an effective boycott. Or even possibly effective.

Let's face it. The two biggest drivers for the standard mall management policies on carried guns are management conservatism, risk aversionand perceived legal liability. Those are the three variables that need to change if we expect to get the type of relief we desire.

And in the case of perceived legal liability, the gun prohibiters in mall administration have a pretty good rationale and basis for doing what they do. Lawyers would make their world miserable if some legally-carrying goof with a gun decided to be really stupid/bad sometime and the mall specifically allowed the goof to come onto its property with its approval.

Until those three cited variables change, and there are possibly others, the mall policies ain't gonna be any different.

Post imported post

Is it posted at Park Meadows Mall?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've never seen anything posted there, although I often walk through the store entrances instead of main mall entrances. Shouldn't make a difference though. Again, I've OC'd there many times without incident.

Post imported post

So I gotta ask: Who is the new CEO? Did BHO decide to bail them out as well and seat himself and lord and master? I only ask cuz it seems that he's making waaaay too many "business" decisions these days.