• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in NH

imported post

I live in Pennsylvania and have my LTCF and regularly CC and OC. I know that PA and NH have reciprocity, but what are my rights when stopped for CC or OC? Am I required to produce ID? My girlfriend lives in Nashua and I am in town frequently, so I would like to know my rights, as well as people's experience with an out of state LTCF. Thanks in advance from a newbie to the forum.

CmdrFenix

imported post

You have all the same rights as you normally would. I know some will disagree with me, but if stopped for OC, I am respectful and give him my name and address. If you are CC, that is a different story. I will supply my license and my permit. If I'm respectful and courteous, I have gotten that back and never had a prob.

As far as I know that is all you need to do, but I would suggest you consult a lawyer for those questions.

DanGarand

imported post

I know that you are NOT required to show ID if stopped OCing as NH resident. You are required only to tell them your name and that you are a resident of NH.

I do not know if the rules are different as Non-resident.

vpanos

imported post

I would suggest you look into the statutesavailable at NH.gov they clearly cover your rights on this topic.

doobie

imported post

DanGarand wrote:
I know that you are NOT required to show ID if stopped OCing as NH resident. You are required only to tell them your name and that you are a resident of NH.

I do not know if the rules are different as Non-resident.
You are only required to IDENTIFY yourself (name, addr, and 'business' are all) *IF* they have reason to believe you have committed a crime. I get stopped and if they ask for ID, "I don't have any." What is your name, "What reason do you have to believe I've committed a crime, are committed a crime, or will commit a crime?" None, "Good, am I free to go?"

mvpel

imported post

The identification requirement arises out of the prowling statute, and nowhere else, and that's where the "has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime" wording comes from.