• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD-45

CrossFire

imported post

I have an XD45 4" service model and an XD9SC. I love both guns an CC and practice with both regularly. I may get guns of different manufacturer in the future but I will always have these two.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Brad Cowin wrote:
50 rounds of Federal HST = 3 jams
That's odd...I've put 100 rounds of HST through mine and got 6 jams...what're the odds?
:shock: I've put 26 rounds of HST through mine and got 0 jams. Apparently the jams start on the 27th round.... :uhoh:

:p Really though, I did put 2 mags of HST through it to test before I bought a bunch with 0 jams. I've also put over 50 rounds of Ranger SXT, which has a very similar bullet profile, through it without any FTF or FTE.

arentol

imported post

I would seriously consider the Compact version. With the extended mag you have the exact same gun as the Service model, but with the option to switch to the Compact mag when you want a smaller and lighter carry weapon.

JRagatz

imported post

I have:
XD9 4", XD9 Tactical 5", XD45 4" and zero Glocks. I have not ever had problems shooting any of the three that have not been faulty range reloads, but have also never tried wadcutters. The two reasons why I don't have any Glocks are that friends let me shoot their XDs and their Glocks, and the XDs shot more accurately and smoothly, and because I was able to disassemble them side by side and the XDs are much more heavily built than the Glocks. That indicates to me that the XDs will last longer under the same type of use. I'm not bashing Glock, but it looks to me like Springfield Armory took the idea of the Glock and made a newer better version.

david.ross

imported post

JRagatz wrote:
the XDs shot more accurately and smoothly
No. I mainly use my XD-45, I also have a Glock 21. I can tell you the accuracy problem is operator error. I love both guns and see no difference in accuracy. The trigger mechanism from the factory on XDs are not as great, but you can replace the trigger mechanism to have less play.

One thing glock tends to have over XD is/was accessories. When I originally bought my XD, which I bought before the Glock, there was a lack of safariland holsters which I wanted specifically.

If you want to speak of actual fallicies of Glock which are NOT operator error, I can gladly list them.