Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carriers protest Seattle Mayor Nickels' gun ban by . . . open carrying at tea party!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...ost_mortem.php

SNIP

Protesting Nickels' Gun Ban: Although most of the protestors were carrying teabags and signs, it seems that at least a couple were openly packing heat. This reporter observed one man with a Glock strapped in a hip holster hovering around the outskirts of the crowd, filming the proceedings. Technically Washington is an "Open Carry" state and it's perfectly legal to carry a handgun in public. It's not every day you see somebody exercising that right. Certainly not in downtown Seattle.

Post imported post

Oops. You caught me.

There were at least two others there, maybe three...

Post imported post

Out-bloody-standing!!

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:
    Oops. You caught me.

There were at least two others there, maybe three...
    High five!!!!

Post imported post

Good job Seattle!
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

Alabama has a law specifically banning carry at protests. Two rights violated for the price of one!

Post imported post

Had mine at the Bellingham TEA party and saw SuddenValleyGunner there as I was leaving. Never would have known it was him without seeing the Glock(?) strapped to his hip. Had a nice chat. I also had a stack of flyers sticking out of my back pocket and handed out two of them to people who asked about the pistol.

Post imported post

That is most excellent! :celebrate

you get a gold star AND a smiley face

Post imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
    Alabama has a law specifically banning carry at protests. Two rights violated for the price of one!

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/C...975/coatoc.htm

I just read 13A-11-59, and OMG. So sorry you guys have to put up with a law like that. Talk about all sweeping. :X

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    HungSquirrel wrote:

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/C...975/coatoc.htm

I just read 13A-11-59, and OMG. So sorry you guys have to put up with a law like that. Talk about all sweeping. :X
    Hmm. So theoretically you can't even be walking by without being hassled by the police. I'd get someone to introduce a repeal in the next legislative session.

Post imported post

Decent write up, I like the part about cleaning up after yourselves, good job!

Post imported post

Why was this moved, just out of curiosity? It seems to be about OC in Washington.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    Why was this moved, just out of curiosity? It seems to be about OC in Washington.
    I'm sure Mike just moved it to Hot Topics because it is one and that way it will appear on the "Hot Issues" section when you go to opencarry.org.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    The link is still in the Washington forum; hot topics though get temporarily placed in "Hot Topics" so they can be viewed directly from the manin page of OCDO.

Folks shold be perusing the main page every day for hot open carry movement items.

Post imported post

I and a few others OC'ed at our tea party in Moscow, Idaho on Wednesday. As far as I could tell, no one batted an eye.

I did get my picture taken by someone who I think may have been a newspaper photographer, but I don't know which paper. I think he mainly taking the pic because I was holding up a paperback book copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. But I am sure he got the pistol in there as well...

Dave

Post imported post

There may be hope for the Stat that gave us Mike McDermott yet!! Best use of a gun since Kurt Cobain in Seattle!

Post imported post

I would love to be able to carry to a tea party (whenever the next one is in GA), but GA law prohibits carrying at all to any public gatherings. Hopefully H.B. 615 will be passed and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

Post imported post

I was there.......

Post imported post

Another pic Seattle tea party.Notice the police NOT bothering us.They were actually quite supportive....
    I was carrying my Tanfaglio Witness .45

Post imported post

That is really great to hear!

Post imported post

I have found most LEO's very supportive and if one is not out looking for a confrontation will leave you alone.I have never been bothered in downtown Seattle or anywhere. Even when I go into the bank no one even looks up anymore.If someone tries to get confrontational I'll just walk away because your not going to change their mind anyway.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    Had mine at the Bellingham TEA party and saw SuddenValleyGunner there as I was leaving. Never would have known it was him without seeing the Glock(?) strapped to his hip. Had a nice chat. I also had a stack of flyers sticking out of my back pocket and handed out two of them to people who asked about the pistol.

Yea it was good to finally meet you heresolong. And its a glock19....lol.

No problem from the Bellingham PD at all even a curteous nod from what appeared to be a seargent. A couple of conversations with people who were supportive of Open carry. Even had one man tell me he is afraid of guns but felt at ease with me around.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

DEROS - Well done, I really like the pictures with the police in the background

Post imported post

Thanks.That was just to show that Seattle PD won,t bother you if you open carry.Most are quite supportive.Used to live about 4 years over on Nellis down from Samstown.Miss it.Would I get hasseled for oc there.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Thanks.That was just to show that Seattle PD won,t bother you if you open carry.Most are quite supportive.Used to live about 4 years over on Nellis down from Samstown.Miss it.Would I get hasseled for oc there.
    I figured that was the motivation and I applaud you and the Seattle PD for not hassling OC'ers. I was stationed in Everett for 4 years so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

I've yet to be hassled and I OC quite a bit in Vegas, not everyday, but definitely every weekend which is when I run around and do most errands anyways.

Really about the only place I know of where you're going to be hassled would be The Strip and I can honestly say I do understand that to a degree even though I don't agree with it. Too many people from CA, NY,IL, D.C., foreigners, etc. who would probably stampede like the frightened subjects that they are when they see a person who wants to protect themselves.

Take care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast