• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carriers protest Seattle Mayor Nickels' gun ban by . . . open carrying at tea party!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/04/tea_party_post_mortem.php

SNIP

Protesting Nickels' Gun Ban: Although most of the protestors were carrying teabags and signs, it seems that at least a couple were openly packing heat. This reporter observed one man with a Glock strapped in a hip holster hovering around the outskirts of the crowd, filming the proceedings. Technically Washington is an "Open Carry" state and it's perfectly legal to carry a handgun in public. It's not every day you see somebody exercising that right. Certainly not in downtown Seattle.

heresolong

imported post

Had mine at the Bellingham TEA party and saw SuddenValleyGunner there as I was leaving. Never would have known it was him without seeing the Glock(?) strapped to his hip. Had a nice chat. I also had a stack of flyers sticking out of my back pocket and handed out two of them to people who asked about the pistol.

heresolong

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
HungSquirrel wrote:
Alabama has a law specifically banning carry at protests. Two rights violated for the price of one!

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm

I just read 13A-11-59, and OMG. So sorry you guys have to put up with a law like that. Talk about all sweeping. :X
Hmm. So theoretically you can't even be walking by without being hassled by the police. I'd get someone to introduce a repeal in the next legislative session.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Why was this moved, just out of curiosity? It seems to be about OC in Washington.
I'm sure Mike just moved it to Hot Topics because it is one and that way it will appear on the "Hot Issues" section when you go to opencarry.org.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Why was this moved, just out of curiosity? It seems to be about OC in Washington.

The link is still in the Washington forum; hot topics though get temporarily placed in "Hot Topics" so they can be viewed directly from the manin page of OCDO.

Folks shold be perusing the main page every day for hot open carry movement items.

thefirststrike

imported post

I and a few others OC'ed at our tea party in Moscow, Idaho on Wednesday. As far as I could tell, no one batted an eye.

I did get my picture taken by someone who I think may have been a newspaper photographer, but I don't know which paper. I think he mainly taking the pic because I was holding up a paperback book copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. But I am sure he got the pistol in there as well...:D

Dave

rah45

imported post

I would love to be able to carry to a tea party (whenever the next one is in GA), but GA law prohibits carrying at all to any public gatherings. Hopefully H.B. 615 will be passed and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

DEROS72

imported post

Another pic Seattle tea party.Notice the police NOT bothering us.They were actually quite supportive....
I was carrying my Tanfaglio Witness .45