• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone want to go coyote hunting?

b1ack5mith

imported post

yeah, no more bounty because of ecomonic reasons, but i would like to go hunt some coyotes! lets gooooo!!! we can opencarry rifles ;)

thx997303

imported post

Dang it, why do you always have to be in some other state when I'm home?

Man if I was there, we'd definitely go.

b1ack5mith

imported post

ive never went hunting before, but i have seen the people who have baby sheep and stuff complain about the coyotes comin in and killing them... and theres a certain amount of coyotes that must be killed each year just to keep their population at bay (i think it was like 10,000 or 20,000 mustbe killed each year?) so might as well get in some practice while helping out the deer and other animals that might get killed by k-eye-oats :D

thx997303

imported post

Well, remember that coyotes are not gonna just walk up on ya. Theyre real scared of humans.

Gotta trick em into coming closer. Use their stomach against em.

They like rabbits.

thx997303

imported post

I've always shot a jackrabbit, then cut it open. The smell brings em right in. Used properly, the call will help too.

Only problem is youve got a pile of dead jack rabbit smellin up the place;)

b1ack5mith

imported post

i wouldnt feel right killing a defenseless animal for bait... k-eye-oats can defend themselves ;) ill use my bro for bait :D lol

im thinkin of trying over by west mountain somewhere, saw a dead coyote out there today (by utah lake)

thx997303

imported post

Jackrabbits are more of a problem than coyotes. They are freaking everywhere.

Unless you're huntin em....

scorpioajr

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
...im thinkin of trying over by west mountain somewhere, saw a dead coyote out there today (by utah lake)
Man...those suckers howl all night out here. you spend enough time and you'll find a handful. Keep head towards the sand - you'll be lucky if you shoot one before you hit one with your truck on your way there!

buncopanies

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I've always shot a jackrabbit, then cut it open. The smell brings em right in. Used properly, the call will help too.

just take sgt jensens posts. they stink

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

buncopanies wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

Thanks! :celebrateI have a fan! :monkey

buncopanies

Banned
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
buncopanies wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

Thanks! :celebrateI have a fan! :monkey
funny. you often make valid points and often I agree with you. But the times I dont agree I find you offensive, selfish and dickheaded.

thx997303

imported post

Hmm, double standard?

Anywho, you all should have seen the coyote I saw before I went to basic.

Beautiful big sucker.

Couldn't hit him though. :cry:

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

All,

Please don't feed the trolls. I'm guessing that buncopanies is simply the latest username for thoughtpolice or similar troll. The language and construction look very similar and do nothing to add to the discussion. Ignore her if at all possible. Or report her to the moderators.

We've got a nice tool here with OCDO. And while the discussion forumn can be a fun, social event, it should not become an embarassment to the open carry movement or gun owners generally.

Please try to avoid taking the bait if at all possible. And if you must respond, please do not drop to her level. Avoid any and all profanity and vulgarity. She is just trying to get a rise out of us.

Thanks.

Charles

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
I'm guessing that buncopanies is simply the latest username for thoughtpolice or similar troll.

All,

thoughtpolice is gone. Him and I continue toinsult one anotherby e-mail frequently.

He has chosen to go the way of David Nelson, and has deleted everything he has ever post here.

Give him a little credit, at least heused grammar, punctuation, and at times, reason.

These new trolls can't even seem to locate the shift key. :?