• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open-Carry Cookout this weekend (sunday April 19) near Burlington

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Because the other thread was getting cloudy with planning for multiple cookouts I wanted to start a new thread to solidify specifics for this weekend.

When: Sunday April 19th 11am until ???

Where: Near Burlington, WI (PM me for the address)

So far I'd say we have at least 10 people attending. Probably closer to 15.

This is a rural home on private property where no one needs fear arrest for Open-Carry. The homeowner has also indicated that target shooting is allowed on his property so if you'd like to bring and shoot feel welcome.

This is rain or shine. (though if the weather is poor there probably won't be any target shooting)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Nine or ten of us met today to enjoy food and company and a lively discussion of what is going well and what needs improvement on the OC front in Wisconsin. Rain kept the cookout indoors, but did not dampen the spirits. We brainstormed several ideas for ways of enhancing awareness and interest in open carry and started preliminary planning of another organized event, so stay tuned for future announcements.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

There are plans in the works for an event in a public setting, but we are avoiding the use of park pavilions in order to avoid any possible conflict with WI's "no guns in government-owned buildings" statute.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glad the weather didn't mess anything up!! Wish I could have came! I ended up having to work on flooring and then go to the hospital where my buddy got in a car crash a few days ago. I WILL see you guys at the next one for sure.

Ben