Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to get Shot at in Ashburn?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Do you want to get shot at?

It's Exciting and fun! (and safe of course). The Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn provides tactical training to all kinds of groups. Some of the time this training requires outsiders to be victims, hostages, etc. It can be fun and exciting as well as educational! There is usually a small fee paidor reward for helping. The fee's depends on what is required of you and how long you are needed, etc.

Angela from SEGis building a list of prospects.. If you want to be called/e-mailed when an opportunity exists to take part, send your name, e-mail and phone number to Angela Davis at davisa@silvereagle-group.com
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Any idea if one would actually be in a position to learn something, or would I just be there during the 'event' and not the debrief?

Post imported post

not sure.. but it might be a good question for angela
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Interesting...I might have to shoot them an email.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Local EMS does something similar here. You can volunteer to be a mass casualty victim, and they do the makeup, triage, ship you to VCU Medical if you're a 'serious' case, etc. the whole routine. Takes about 6 hrs on a Saturday.

It's a ton of fun, and a good way to get hands on knowledge of how the EMS system works so I hear. It's hard to find out about when they go on around here so I usually end up hearing about it after the fact.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    I might have to shoot them
    I bet THEY would shoot back!

:celebrate
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    I might have to shoot them
    I bet THEY would shoot back!

:celebrate

:shock: but but but...

Post imported post

Thanks ed, I submitted for consideration when the time comes. Might be fun.

Post imported post

I'd rather be on the red team and return fire.

Post imported post

Looks like a cheap way to get free labor...these people at Silver Eagle won't pay their employees a decent wage or treat them with any respect, so why not look for free labor to support their overated training by "Ninjas"

Post imported post

Hochullain wrote:
    Looks like a cheap way to get free labor...these people at Silver Eagle won't pay their employees a decent wage or treat them with any respect, so why not look for free labor to support their overated training by "Ninjas"
    Really?

Do you know someone who works there?

Fact, please.

Post imported post

just drop in and talk to the employees and WATCH the owners slink around....it'll open your eyes VERY wide

Post imported post

Having worked there, all I can say is that out of the original 30 or so employees, no more than 2 or 3 are left

Post imported post

Hochullain wrote:
    Having worked there, all I can say is that out of the original 30 or so employees, no more than 2 or 3 are left
    Don't mean to hijack this thread....but could you add more to this? There has been a buzz about this new location and the owner associated with it. Many have their opinions on the "situation" as a whole, but being a past employee...what can you add to the knowledge of the owners?

Post imported post

DarkHorse wrote:
    Hochullain wrote:
    Don't mean to hijack this thread....but could you add more to this? There has been a buzz about this new location and the owner associated with it. Many have their opinions on the "situation" as a whole, but being a past employee...what can you add to the knowledge of the owners?
    Mr. Hochullain here sounds like a former employee who left, and did so not being on good terms with the management. I am not saying he is definitely here to bad-mouth SEG, it is certainly worthwhile to listen to his tales, but you should talk to someone who still works there as well to get both sides of the story. Otherwise, I hear Diane Sawyer is looking for volunteers for her next 20/20 gun "experiment".

Post imported post

Concur. It's pretty obvious that Hochullain has an ax to grind. He registered here to badmouth SEG. That just doesn't seem to sit right.

Post imported post

I am a current employee at SEG. This is not a way for cheap labor. I have done it 3 times, and refused to take any payment from them because it was very educational and fun.

You do learn a lot. You see behind the scenes situations on how our local or government law forces handle certain threats.

You can volunteer to be anything from a by stander, to a victim, hostage, or best of all... the shooter.

You also get to interact with whatever agency is training there and talk a little about what they do. You learn some pretty interesting things.

Post imported post

I have done this with the Fairfax County Police. It's quite fun. However, they do need fresh faces to make it more realistic. Otherwise, it's just shooting your teammate.

Everyone who thinks it's about employment is overthinking the request and is applying too much of a negative filter.

Post imported post

About a million years ago I worked for American Airlines Ground Services at Norfolk International Airport down in Tidewater. My boss comes in one day and asks for volunteers to sit in a plane for a couple of hours so that the "feds can play". I was young, and they were buying lunch, so why not?

It wasn't even assault training. I wasn't as into this sort of thing as I am now, but I think it was some sort of air marshal training/orientation. They basically walked a bunch of guys in suits up and down the plane (a 727 of some sort), looking at fields of fire, various cover, blind spots, etc. This was long before 9/11, when if you took control of an airplane, you were trying to take it to Cuba or Libya.

I found it really interesting, even if I was somewhat clueless about exactly what they were doing. This thing as Silver Eagle sounds much more interesting to participate in. I just gave them a bunch of our company's old office furniture to use in the scenario room, so it would be funny to be sitting at my old desk and get "attacked"

For anyone interested, Fairfax CERT uses volunteers for the CERT graduation exercises to play victims. It's supposed to be a hoot.

Post imported post

no ax to grind, just know and understand the SEG motivation from being inside the wire and RELIEVED to be gone. that's why I suggested anyone wondering about SEG, go, look, listen, learn and THEN make you informed decision. It's fairly obvious that several posting here have drunk the SEG KoolAid

Post imported post

Wooley wrote:
    LOL. Ninjas! I love it!!!

Drive 4 hours south and get some real training.
    What is it about SEG's training that you dislike?

Post imported post

I spent about three hours today at Silver Eagle acting as a Bad Guy for a Home Defense class. It was quite a bit of fun, and pretty interesting. It's the first time I got a look at their training and was also impressed.

Didn't see a single ninja.

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
    Well then, the ninjas that were there are very good at being ninjas!

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:

:shock:

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
    nova wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:
    :shock:
    that's the exact picture I had in mind when posting!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast