• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paranoia, gun sales and stories in Seattle Times, P-I

Machoduck

imported post

Nice article Dave. The anti-gun lobby's implied reason for wanting to halt gun shows, namely that goblins get their guns there, is nonsense, as you have pointed out very nicely. It seems clear to me that their real reason is to stop honest citizens from being able to get guns at gun shows. There can never be one world government or a US government with absolute power when so many of us have the means to stop either one.

MD

joeroket

imported post

I was thinking about the gun show thing the other day. By their argument they want to set restrictions for gun show purchased because criminal are buying guns at them and committing crimes using these gun show purchased firearms.

Now I don't know the statistics behind it but I would wager it is eerily close but maybe we should start banning police officers from carrying firearms because criminals are using the officers guns to injury or kill the officers and others. I am willing to bet that the anti's would tell me that it is ridiculous to even think of taking away guns from LEO's because these are highly trained and skilled individuals. I agree in this instance but it sure does put there argument into a whole different perspective when it is comparatively similar to their gun show argument.