Thread: Thank you for all your hard work!

Post imported post

Hi All I just found this site today, and was looking through it, and just wanted to tell all of you how proud I am of you! I believe strongly in our constitutional rights especially our right to arms! I wish I had more access to the Internet in the last few years for I surely would have stumbled upon this site sooner. It truly makes me proud to know that there is such a strong activist group in WA! I would just like to thank all of you for the contributions no matter how large or small you have given to our cause because without people dedicated to doing what it takes where would we be??? If you ever need help im here!

Post imported post

Shepplereppellent, Welcome to the forum.

WE do need help and you can give it by DOING OC..Be knowledgeable in the RCW, handle situations with decorum, attend our functions, educate the unwashed and once again OC...

Post imported post

Sheeplereppellent, glad to have you aboard. I'd like add to what Trigger Dr says. Of course just carry but beyond that don't worry if you don't seem to be generating the stories others do. Some of us certainly do seem to take more arrows than the rest of us but I don't believe they have any control over it. Almost all of the encounters we have appear to be based on the ignorance or crappy attitude of others, thus we see one of our purposes as being education. The worst problems seem to occur when the situation reaches a minion of lower rank, corporate or police, who hasn't bothered to acquaint himself with the facts and refuses to accept anyone else's word. Alas, this is like a writer who thinks himself above using a dictionary or a thesaurus.

Back to control of one's fate. (In terms of open carry, that is.) It is simply impossible. One just can't predict the irrational actions of others. Heck, that's part of why we carry. We certainly have no knowledge of which cops in which departments are going to have which reaction to us on which day. And of course we are as different from each other as can be. So, you just carry, armed with the facts to justify, both legally and morally, your choice of taking responsibility for your own defense.

MD

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome aboard sheeplerepellent, look forward to having another member on this forum adding to the discussions.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I will second that with my first post :celebrate

Post imported post

welcome aboard and dittos to you spider. Where in Washington if in Washington do you hail from.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

Doh! told you i was new...forgot put that info in there. Anyways, I live pretty damn close to you sudden vally if your name means what i think it does. I live in Lynden just north of bellingham :celebrate

Post imported post

Yep it means what it means....lol. Right on another Whatcom member. Heresolong is up north county too. And Richard lives in Ferndale. WE should have another Whatcom meet soon.

Post imported post

I'd be up for that, I have all the time in the world right now being unemployed.

Post imported post

I hear that. What do you do for a living? I am a contractor specializing in Carpentry/Framing. It would be good to network and keep other open carry members and 2nd A believers in mind when jobs come up that are in there area of expertise.