• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit to Purchase

GOOD or BAD legislation

• Good Legislation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Legislation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam H

imported post

While I oppose having to get the government's permission to exercise my constitutional rights, the pistol permit law does have one advantage. Because this law applies to private sales, it can be used to silence those who want to outlaw private sales.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

From my understanding:

The purchase permit requirements came about during the Jim Crow era in order to give the sheriff discretionary power on who was allowed to purchase and carry a firearm.
Due to this reason, I feel that the law is based on discrimination, and should be repealed. My only reason to like the current law is what was already posted.

Ray

imported post

The permit law was enacted in 1919

Who needs a permit for a CROSSBOW???

NRA strongly supports this legislation, and it is our primary legislative objective for this session. There are numerous problems with this law, both in how it is written, and how it has been implemented.