• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns at work

idahomilitia

imported post

I don't know if anyone is keeping up on the bill that passed the house and goes on to the senate that would allow the storing of firearms in vehicles by employees parked in company lots at work. It also proposes to shield employers from liability, addressing their chief objection to this bill. This does not....DOES NOT...allow employees to then carry them into the building.

Many will say that an employer has the right to determine what people do and do not bring onto their premises, but consider this argument:

I work for a major employer in Boise. It's located in a business park where all parking lots are controlled meaning you can only park in the parking lot where you work, and there is no street parking. IfI wanted to keep a gun in my vehicle, to comply with their expressed policy that I cannot have it in my vehicle on company property, I would need to park about 1/2 mile away. The injustice here is that the company is not forcing me to be unarmed just when I'm at work, but also on the way to work, on the way back, and at whatever stops I make along the way. It's an imposition that extends far beyond their property lines.

So I support this bill and hope it passes into law.

CPT James Ambrose, ICCM Commander, www.idahomilitia1.com

rpyne

imported post

This is absolutely the weakest poor excuse of a bill I have ever seen on this issue.

It does absolutely nothing to enforce your right to keep a firearm in your vehicle. The only thing it does is protect the employer from civil liability if you do.