• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone ready to OC in Seattle Center?

grishnav

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
G27 wrote:
Isn't the event considered an outdoor music festival, thus preventing carrying a firearm illegal anyway?
From what I recall hearing from Gray Peterson (formerly Lonnie Wilson), they are required to get a license to have an "outdoor music festival".... So, if they don't have the license, they aren't one, by law.

IANAL... consult a real lawyer if you feel you want to risk OC'ing at this event.
Speaking of that... any idea why he changed his name on the forum? Or where he's been? Haven't seen him post in quite some time...

just_a_car

imported post

grishnav wrote:
Speaking of that... any idea why he changed his name on the forum? Or where he's been? Haven't seen him post in quite some time...
He legally changed his name and asked jpierce to change his username accordingly. John was accommodating and did so. This is what he told me at the Sea-Tac BBQ last month. I've seen him online a lot, but that could just be his palm-device logging onto IM.

joeroket

imported post

I think NavyLT is spot on.

There is nothing in the RCW restricting firearms that requires a permit. It simple restricts firearms at an outdoor music festival. The code section defines what an outdoor music festival is very clearly. If you bring a firearm to an event that fits the definition of an outdoor music festival then you are violating the RCW regardless if they are holding a valid permit or not.

Just_a_car may be right with the defense portion of his statement but who wants to be the test case.

just_a_car

imported post

Agreed joerocket... as in many cases where there's a vague wording or a fine line in the RCW, I wouldn't recommend, nor volunteer, to be a test case.