• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in Walmart April 10th 2009 Staunton.

Snake Eater

imported post

I Posted this on Defensive Carry dot com on April 10 sorry it took so long to get here.

Ok this has never happened to me (in a Walmart any ways)

I was walking around the craft section with wife and daughter when all of a sudden these two stuffed animals come flying over the shelves and one hits me the other has a recording box in it hits my daughter in the head. She is only 9 and she starts to cry (it hurt).

I flew out of the isle and tracked the laughing teenagers a few isles and land into them but good. Telling them that the store is not a playground and that if they have a desire to play to do it else where. then the Store mgr shows up.

He sees I am carring and pulls me aside to find out if I am a LEO and I told him no just law abiding citizen excersizing my rights as a free American authorized by the Constitutionand he smiles. Then he wants to know what is the problem I told him and the store mgr makes them appologise to me and my daughter.

He then gets on the intercom and asks for their parents to meet us in electronics. The kids tell him that they were dropped off by their parrents and won't be back to pick them up for at least two hours.

Mgr asks them to call parents on their cell phone and he tells parents to come and get their kids and that they are not allowed in the store alone again.

Mgr pulls me aside and thanks me for OCing in his store and that they were tracking two thuggish looking kids, and when they saw me they quickly exited the store.

He also told me how glad he was that I kept my cool and wishes more people would OC.

I thanked him payed, for our stuff and left feeling good I made a good choice to OC.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Snake Eater wrote:
I Posted this on Defensive Carry dot com on April 10 sorry it took so long to get here.

Ok this has never happened to me (in a Walmart any ways)

I was walking around the craft section with wife and daughter when all of a sudden these two stuffed animals come flying over the shelves and one hits me the other has a recording box in it hits my daughter in the head. She is only 9 and she starts to cry (it hurt).

I flew out of the isle and tracked the laughing teenagers a few isles and land into them but good. Telling them that the store is not a playground and that if they have a desire to play to do it else where. then the Store mgr shows up.

He sees I am carring and pulls me aside to find out if I am a LEO and I told him no just law abiding citizen excersizing my rights as a free American authorized by the Constitutionand he smiles. Then he wants to know what is the problem I told him and the store mgr makes them appologise to me and my daughter.

He then gets on the intercom and asks for their parents to meet us in electronics. The kids tell him that they were dropped off by their parrents and won't be back to pick them up for at least two hours.

Mgr asks them to call parents on their cell phone and he tells parents to come and get their kids and that they are not allowed in the store alone again.

Mgr pulls me aside and thanks me for OCing in his store and that they were tracking two thuggish looking kids, and when they saw me they quickly exited the store.

He also told me how glad he was that I kept my cool and wishes more people would OC.

I thanked him payed, for our stuff and left feeling good I made a good choice to OC.
Glad to hear it:lol:

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good job!

As an aside, having Wally World baby sit your kids for 2 hours doesn't seem like the smartest idea...

Glad you got a chance to give those kids an "actions have consequences" lesson.

ballester

imported post

wal-mart is hit or miss with the managers attitudes sometimes...and let me tell you..i have worked for wal-mart for 3 weeks now...there are alot of managers...my store alone has over 12..still dont know the exact amount....but if you have an issue the chain of command goes like this...that way if you have an issue go over there head..

dept manager-assitant manager-co manager- store manager..then district manager

so as an insider for the oc movement if there is an issue at my store..while im hovering at the bottom of the food chain...i still try to educate and ask about it with my bosses...most dont care...others i feel would be an issue..however when and if i get transfered to the gun counter..got to wait 60 days before i can request transfer...ill have no problem selling ammo to oc'ers:dude:

just my 2 cents

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ballester wrote:
i have worked for wal-mart for 3 weeks now...got to wait 60 days before i can request transfer...ill have no problem selling ammo to oc'ers

...assuming there is any ammo on the shelves.

My local WalMart (like most)has been sparse on the ammo I want.

hometheaterman

imported post

I've oced in Staunton Wal-Mart before and never had a negative experience thus far. The only thing I ever had said was when a guy jokingly was like are you a bounty hunter. Wasn't in a bad way at all and seemed to be joking. He was very friendly the whole time. I've neer had any negative experiences in that store to be honest and I've had several positive ones. The 2 guys I've seen working at the ammo counter are very friendly and polite. They are the kind of guys that would make me want to come back every chance I got. I wish the local gun store and or chain stores around where I live were half that friendly.

hellfogg

imported post

Snake Eater wrote:

The manager thanked you for OCing! Dang, that is impressive.